Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S250 Charge Pressure sensor location???

3rdgendslmech ยท 2014-12-13 19:39

Whats up guys? Happy Holidays! Been a while since I've posted in here. Been extremely busy with work, side work and home work...:Banghead ointhead:Banghead Anyhow a friend of mine just called a little while ago and has a Bobcat S250 with a code and engine shut down. From what he is telling me the code is a 05-15 which relates to the charge pressure of the hydrostatic system. I know there's a pressure switch somewhere to check this but not sure where it is. If anybody could be kind enough to tell me where this switch is I'd appreciate it. Ya'll be safe!

Replies5
  1. #1willie592014-12-13 19:54

    Should be located on the hydraulic filter base. There's two sensors on the base, the one with just one wire is the differential sensor to tell when the filter is clogged, the one with three wires is the charge pressure sensor.

  2. #2willie592014-12-13 21:03

    After thinking about it, I think the S250 has a hydraulic driven fan. If your machine does, you need to raise the cab and locate the fan motor and the cannister filter housing for the fan motor. The charge pressure sensor may be located in the outlet line of the filter housing. I don't have a manual for an S250 so I can't say for certain. BTW, that 05-15 is "hydraulic charge pressure in shut down", meaning, the ECU isn't reading any charge pressure and will shut down the engine after a few seconds. Be sure and check the drive belt.

  3. #33rdgendslmech2014-12-14 20:57

    Thanks for the info Willie. Went to my shop this morning and got my gauges and angle wrenches. First thing I did when I got there was got into the info screen and without even starting the motor it read 205psi for charge pressure. Started it up and while the monitor read 0 psi after start up it was 390 on my gauge.

  4. #4crewchief8882014-12-20 10:08

    could have a bad sender, or a wiring issue. if there is oil in the wiring connector the sender is leaking and is probably bad. look inside the harness conector at the terminals, if they are loose or spread open the problem may be there. :drinkup

  5. #5bigsmoke2014-12-31 14:48

    Also check belt tension.