Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dealer pricing on New Holland Skid steers

lilb93 ยท 2014-12-13 18:59

I was in the market to replace my new Holland Skid steer. Call the two closest dealers, one dealer for a 220 loaded was 54500.00 with his discount 49,600.00 less my trade he gave me 10,500.00. Was going to cost me 39,100.00 Second dealer for the same 220 his has a few more options like air ride seat and heaver tires. 57,234.00 with his discount he wants 45,800.00 and will give me 12,000.00 trade. Cost 33,800 also second dealer says if I dont finance with Chh Capital take off another 4500.00 bringing the cost down to 29,300.00 Trading in a New Holland LX 565 with 336.5 hrs with cab and Heat only. Why the big price difference between the two?? Is there that much markup on skid loaders??

Replies4
  1. #1KSSS2014-12-13 20:30

    I am not sure I can make sense of that either. The heated seat is not a big add, cant remember exactly but its like $150 or something like that. The tire upgrade could account for the rest but honestly I think there must be some other differences in the machines. I don't understand the price drop if you DONT use CNH Capital? That does not make any sense to me. You sometimes see a price drop if you don't take a certain zero percent deal but I have never seen a price drop for NOT using CNH Capital. $45K seems high to me for that size machine, I paid 51K for a completely loaded SV300 including highflow (same as 238).

  2. #2lumberjack2014-12-13 23:29

    There can be dealer costs associated with financing or cash rebate. 3rd party financing is the same as paying with cash on those kinds of deals.

  3. #3StumpyWally2014-12-14 10:51

    The $4,500 less if not financed with CNH Capital only makes sense if it means not financed at all, but a cash deal. I'd compare the quotes carefully, but it seems like a no-brainer to go with the 2nd quote over the 1st, all other things being equal. If it will help, I bought a new, "loaded" L220 at the end of 2012 for about $40,600. This included: - dealer fees, but no tax - 2 speed E-H controls - cab, heat, A/C - radio, shoulder belt - keyless start - air ride, suspension seat, cloth, heated - block heater - high flow hydraulics - on/off self leveling & glide ride - manual quick attach - down size to 10 x 16.5 tires (to allow room for OTT) - turn signal/hazard lights - rear draw bar kit - inside rear view mirror kit - side light kit - 4-pt lift kit - full of fuel, with a full set of fuel & oil filters with engine oil for 1st service at 50 hrs - 1 yr. warranty - prepaid $500 CNH reward card - CNH financing @ 0% for 60 months

  4. #4durallymax2015-01-02 21:12

    That sounds high at both places. The L220 we got back in 2011 was 33k with cab/heat (no a/c), manual controls, radio, power attach, keyless start and two speed. Did they start shipping Tier4F machines yet? could be a reason for the big price difference.