Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S250 fuel leak

UpNorth Mini Excavating ยท 2022-09-07 15:49

Hey everyone, I have a fuel leak on my bobcat S250. It looks like the leak is coming from the fuel filler neck. The coating on top of the metal is gone. Would a fuel repair kit do the truck or would a new fuel tank be in order? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Txhayseed2022-09-09 23:34

    Looks pretty rusted out. You could try cleaning it and using an expoxy of some kind to seal it. Guess it comes down to how inventive you want to get before pulling out the tank. I would get pretty inventive myself before going to the job of removing the fuel tank .Its not a quick easy job. Got nothing to loose at this point trying for a fix first

  2. #21466IH2022-09-10 00:03

    I can not tell from your Pic exactly but the fuel tank on every bobcat since the mid nineties have plastic tanks AFIK. I have never seen an S250 with a metal tank but every one I have worked on has been plastic and you have to remove engine to get the tank out.