Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S300 aux hydraulic issue

05sprcrw ยท 2017-08-07 12:52

I have done a lot of reading on hear and been helped a ton through previous threads, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for this time. I have an 07 S300 with high flow and when I use the aux hydraulics the female quick coupler keeps pressure on it like the spool valve isn't fully shifting or something. When I switch the flow direction on the control it reacts like it should but if the switch is left neutral it continues to pressurize the cylinder I have on my tree shear. This keeps it always wanting to close instead of just stopping where I let it off. It will even continue to close the cylinder I have the aux hydraulics active and then lift the bar causing the interlock to kick on. Could the centering spring on that spool be bad? Does it have a load lock or check valve on the aux circuit as well?

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882017-08-07 17:43

    the centering spring could be broken, or the aux stem could be stuck open from debris.

  2. #205sprcrw2017-08-08 06:57

    Thanks I think I will start with taking the stem out cleaning it and go from there.