Almost new Bobcat S650, pretty cold here, the operator breaks the plastic handle/latch on the sliding side window of the cab. No big deal, I figure I'll buy about a dozen of them cause it's something we're going to want to stock. :cool2 I call Bobcat and they tell me the latch isn't sold separately.......I have to buy the whole window for $800.00 Crazy! :Banghead 7148069 for the LH, 7148068 for the RH. Anybody been through this before? Did you find a fix for it?
Wow, holy crap Just send me a sample latch (the broken one) and I can build you some if they are what I think they are. I was running a bobcat skid a few weeks ago so I think I know what they are. They will only cost you $799 each (only kidding). Seriously, I would take the latch to a machine shop and see if they could build you a new one. I have a machine shop and probably could build (turn new knobs out of aluminum) them for you but the shipping would be terrible. If you can, post a picture of the latch & knob. Tim
Jesus Christ $800!!
Side window for my 442 was $3000.00
How can they justify that. It's just wrong. Isn't there a wrecker out there that would have used parts?
That price will look cheap when compared to the broken mess obozo is jabbing us.lol I too would build my own, that is quite shocking. Absolutely no reason for it to be that high imho.
Hey OFF, what did you finally do to fix your window latch problem? Tim
That's insane. I would be making mine as well or finding someone that could. Manufactures aren't doing themselves any favors by charging ridiculous prices for their parts. If no one buys it, how is that benefiting them? Crazy.
Look in the new D series Cat's, see if you can get an overcenter cam latch like that. I guess they used them in the dozers for a lot of years earlier so you sould be able to find something that would work, may not be exactly what you want but its cheaper.