Looking at purchasing a new track loader and want a suspended suspension machine. ASV/Terex are out as I cannot afford the repairs for their undercarriage. I believe Cat has the same undercarriage but maybe there are some improvements on ASV.This leaves Bobcat T770 as my option. I have a JD328D which has great performance and creature comforts but my work requirements now dictate that a track machine is the go. We will run 4in1(combination) bucket, 8' grader blade, Harley rake, Bobcat mulcher, pallet forks. Machine will have tilting pickup hitch. Has anyone had any experience with T770 with the suspended undercarriage? Would the new JD "E" series with the added creature comforts be a better bet? Thanks Firetrack
Take a look at the Cat CTL- http://www.cat.com/en_AU/products/n...n-loaders/compact-track-loaders/18526162.html It had a CTL undercarriage with a suspension.
I have a 2012 T770 with the roller suspended undercarriage. We run a mulcher, 4n1 bucket, pallets fork, bush hog mower, root grapple, soil conditioner, and a snow plow in the winter. I had a T320 before with a non-suspended undercarriage and going to the T770 with the suspended undercarriage I do notice a difference in ride smoothness. The machine is a little tippier when loading a truck but still more sure footed than a comparable wheeled machine. The cab seals and pressurizes well and all service points are easy to reach on the machine. I looked at the Cats with the non-ASV undercarriage and still ended up with the Bobcat due to the better visibility out of the rear of the machine. I don't think you can go wrong with the T770.
The only problem with the T770 is that the fuel tank lines are sealed with little rubber grommets that tend to crack and dry rot very quickly. Then to access the top of the tank you have to pull the engine with the pumps. Huge job for two dollars in seals.
The Cat machines have backup camera that gives them the best rearward visibility in the market.
Digdeep Is this not the same suspension as ASV/Terex
Entirely different. Cat sells both MTLs(ASV) and CTLs. Their CTL undercarriage is similar to all the others except for the fact that it has a suspension. I sent you the link for CTLs yesterday.
Thanks, I am now all over it and it looks OK. anyone had experience with the torsion bar suspension? Cheers Firetrack
i would never buy a bobcat again i have an s850 with 400 hours on it headed to junk yard over 100000$ in repairs done to it in 2 year we just got a cat 299d the best rubber track machine i have use