hey guys, I have ran across several 763,863’s that motor is lugging down an bucket want dump or lift want let down, Basically one of the auxiliary hyd coils for the hyd attachment connectors is staying energized as soon as you turn key switch on an start machine, even after start up coil is still energized. (Unplug the energized coil wire an motor acts fine an hyds work fine). Ever customer I’ve had over the yrs was ok just unhooking the coil since they don’t use any hyd driveing attachments, Well I have traced the coils hot wire all the way back to computer (controller) on side of frame an it splits off an runs to the accessory terminal on key switch. If I take the wire off key switch it will loose constant power to coil an the motor acts fine, I can then also turn auxiliary hyds on an can work thumb controller both left an right an hyds an hyd quick couplers all work fine. Why does the key switch feed a constant power source to auxiliary coil.? We can just cut the wire loose from key switch, still factory wired , no foolish second hands wireing
Is this a C series or F series machine?
While I don't know the specifics of this machine like Willie59 does I do know that a lot of electronic hydraulic controllers switch the ground wire on a coil as the controlling wire and the hot wire is always hot.
Looked this morning and were dealing with a F series. Thx.
It's been a few years since I've worked on an F series, but here's my guess. Being machines that now have a few years on them I wager the ignition switch has been changed to some form of universal switch from an auto parts. I say that because after looking over several serial number schematic for 763 C and F series, only one coil (Front Base Solenoid) is connected to a wire coming from the accessory terminal on the key switch after passing through a diode. The diagrams also show the key switch only powers up the accessory terminal when accessory position is selected, it does not power up the accessory position when Ignition or Start is selected. But on many "universal" auto parts switches the accessory position is powered up in the Ignition position. I'd wager that Bobcat set these machines up with this type of ignition switch for relieving pressure on the aux circuit. With engine off, turn the key switch to Acc position and it will power up the Front Base solenoid which would relieve residual pressure on that circuit. That's just my guess.
Makes a lotta sense now that you had time to look over some wireing schematics, an now that you mention it YES all the machines I’ve looked at with this powered auxiliary coil that loads up the machine , they all have a regular key switch from Napa. A basic on,off,accessory,igniting an start an like you said that kinda switch wouldn’t have a diode in there. Thx for ur advise , get back with ya. Just outta curiosity do you have software with bobcat stuff on it or do you just have a lotta schematics an notes laying around, Reason I ask is I’m a mobile field tech an I’m a independent field tech for myself an get the pleasure of working on these older units all the time an would like information to fall back on. Thx for ur time an help
The diode isn't in the keyswitch, it's in the harness and it's only there to prevent feedback from the aux circuit returning back to keyswitch. All you need to do is disconnect the wire that's connected to the aftermarket keyswitch, but you'd lose the pressure release feature. If you want that, you could either search for a switch that has a dedicated Aux terminal not shared with Ign terminal, or send wire from Batt terminal of keyswitch to a nearby toggle switch and connect that wire to the toggle. As for Bobcat software, only Bobcat techs have that as it's proprietary to their dealers, no amount of money can obtain that software. As for manuals, I just have a few left over from my previous job on my computer. I don't have anything on the newer M series machines.
Sounds like you’ve been beating ur head on these machines for sometime now, well see what ya think about this issue. Differ machine here that I own. (763g) traction loc want release, This is the first one I’ve came cross with the 15-03 code that wasnt the shorted traction loc coil, replaced it with new , didn’t fix issue, had a troubleshooting guide for the code an performed few tests on harness an relays an fuses, everything looked good, have a cousin machine here in shop to that works fine so I tryed changing out push button controller with the lites an computer on side of frame, an still same problem on my machine. Put my stuff on his An his works fine, Mine want release traction loc brake coil, my traction loc lite on controller blinks at me an want power it up, only differ in my machine an my cousins is that mine has the parking brake switch on the top of the cab over door an he don’t have the brake button, an in the troubleshooting guide it doesn’t refer to any brake switch. What’s ur thoughts, I wanta fix issues before selling machine especially since it a danger issue if left traction loc unhooked an operator gets outta machine
Crewchief888 would be better suited to address this problem than I. 15-03 indicates the main controller is seeing an issue with the traction lock pull coil circuit on start up, even before you push the "push to operate" button, Crewchief would know more about that issue than me.
take those aftermarket key switches and toss them in the dumpster. bobcat OEM switch is the only one that works correctly.