Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL130 fuel guage

Badger · 2019-12-04 23:02

New member, I have a Takeuchi TL130 and the fuel gauge shows half full all the time. It doesn’t move when the key is turned off or on. I don’t have a service manual and am I not sure how to determine if it is the gauge in the cluster or the sending unit from the tank or something else. Any advice on how to check this would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612019-12-05 05:28

    Welcome to HEF Badger ! The Tak guys should be along shortly. You might want to disconnect the fuel level sender (if it is a single wire sender) and see what the gauge does. Then ground the sensor wire against the frame and see what the gauge does. I the gauge swings to opposite extremes then the sender is bad. If the gauge stays put, then it is a wiring or gauge issue.

  2. #2Badger2019-12-05 14:05

    Thank you. I will give that a try.

  3. #3JD88752019-12-06 04:14

    Pray it's a sending unit. You don't buy individual gauges for a tl130. You get the entire cluster for nearly $1000 when I busted mine up a few years ago from a cab intrusion. The cluster is easy to get apart and out but you have to swap hour meter and all at that point. I'd look hard at the sending unit and wiring first. I've noticed Takeuchi built a helluva machine but the electrical system kind of just got stuffed in it wherever it would fit. Mine shows her age with some spliced and taped wiring to keep them from rubbing John

  4. #4Badger2019-12-22 16:10

    Wondering if anyone has a service manual for the TL130 that they would be willing to share? Thanks, John