Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat t180 high flow problems

Withak ยท 2014-10-22 21:38

Hello guys, working for someone who has a mid 2001 T180 high flow, have a bush hog masticator on it. I am just being paid to mow for them, problem is its bogging down pretty bad after it warms up. Works great for about 30 minutes, but then starts bogging down really bad with anything. Just driving it will bog it. After reading this thread I checked the belts, they where bad so replaced them, and machine ran like a monster for 30 minutes...then started bogging again. Don't know what else to do. My dad has a takeuchi that had the same kind of problem, and he changed the inline hydraulic filter and it seemed to fix the problem for him. Dont know if i should try that. Also before I worked for them someone else left the gas cap off and they got water in it. Bobcat came out replaced the filters and fixed everything. That was in 08. Tractor only has 20 hours on it since. Should I clean the fuel system out again? Any help thanks.

Replies9
  1. #1Withak2014-10-22 21:42

    Mid 2000's bobcat. Was purchased from a rental yard with 800 hours

  2. #2Hardline2014-10-22 22:23

    Are you saying that the machine has had the same fuel and fuel filters on it for the last 6 years?

  3. #3Withak2014-10-22 22:27

    hardline, the last time the filters where changed was November 2008, but it has only had 20 hours put on it in that time. I put fresh gas in it

  4. #4Withak2014-10-22 22:52

    I am pretty new to the matienance side, and the owner has done nothing to it. Any help would be great hardline

  5. #5Hardline2014-10-23 10:19

    Okay if the machine has been sitting that long it would be A great idea to service the machine out. Change engine oil and filter. Change the fuel filter. Bled out the fuel system and then get machine running again. Also check the drive belt tension. The drive belt is under the plastic cover by the battery. The instructions are on the back door on how to check the tension. Let me know how this goes. JJ.

  6. #6Withak2014-10-23 12:37

    Thanks hartline, I can try that. It seems the problem is more in the hydrolic delivery system though...

  7. #7Hardline2014-10-23 20:25

    When you said replaced the belts was one of them the hydraulic belt? Is it still tensioned properly?

  8. #8Withak2014-10-23 23:37

    I replaced two belts. The only two on the tractor. And yes I adjusted the tensioner as per the instructions in the manual

  9. #9crewchief8882014-10-25 16:18

    change the fuel filter... check to make sure the fuel cap is vented when the engine starts to bog down, check the fuel primer bulb to see if it's collasped :drinkup