T190 with 4800 hours. Purchased 50 hours ago. After running a while the right lever increases effort and the motor acts like the brake is dragging. I don’t want to push it hard so shutdown. Bought this machine with recently replaced left motor with the assumption the right wasn’t far behind. It felt a little weak but usable until this started. Jumping the diagnostic gun I replaced the right motor with a reman. Thought things were great and it did feel more balanced, but with a little use the problem has returned. I’m new to bobcats and was wondering if there are reasonable charge pressure gauges or do you assemble from components? Is there an adapter and cap set available when diagnosing with a porta-power like I’ve read about? Can the brake release clog on one side? Any help would be very appreciated.
Have the sintered bronze case drain filters in the bottom been changed. I did them on one a few years back. They need to be done. Need to take apart quite a few lines to be able to get to them. Will need some numbered plugs and caps. Simon C
The right was changed before and again during the motor changeout. Also forgot to add that the only code is for the broken fuel gauge.
You will need to hook up a Tee-Tap in line on hose to brake release to find out if there is a dragging brake. Maybe you can get a shop manual with specs., for proper pressure required at what engine RPM. Simon C
Yes I am trying to locate the proper manual. I’ve previewed several but they don’t exactly correspond.
Still haven’t tracked down a proper manual but did buy a hydraulic test kit. These drives are the 5 hose variety. Confirmed that it has 280psi on inlet circuit. 280 ish on the apply brake but only 80 psi on right brake release when engage button is depressed. Brake apply pressure falls to 0 when button depressed. I’m going to gauge the other side but was wondering if y’all knew what kind of pressure brake release should see? Google is failing me on t190 specific
Same as charge pressure. 280 is enough to release brakes, and might be within spec. Seems a bit low, but don't have the spec either. There is only one brake hose per side, brakes are spring apply, pressure release. Other small hoses will be case drain,(1 or 2) and two speed, (if equipped). So to test. . Charge pressure in spec, test at brake valve inlet. Should not drop much when brakes released Test both sides brake release, 0 with brake on, same as inlet within several seconds of brake release.
Thanks, I’m guessing I’ve just been driving through half releases brakes. Not great. I will take out the brake release valve and attempt to clean. Definitely not the case drain. These drives have a fifth hose, which has charge pressure running to the end plate while the engage button is not pressed. I understand that it positively applies brakes. The drive can operate as a 4 hose if you leave the plug in and cap off the 5th hose.
Finally got a manual. Charge spec is 210-270 psi. Taking the brake release block apart to see if it’s dirty or the release valve is faulty.
Also check case drain flow from the drive, if your brake piston seal is leaking it will leak though to the case drain.
Final diagnosis: failing brake seal in an “orange new, not rebuilt” drive that has maybe 50 hours on it. I know better than to skip troubleshooting steps, but just got lazy and assumed the drive that the previous owner put on can’t be bad…