Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat T200

cowboyez ยท 2014-02-11 23:05

"Traction lock hold ground to battery" I dont know how to resolve this problem. I need help It is a 2002 T200 model

Replies14
  1. #1willie592014-02-11 23:37

    Welcome to HEF cowboyez. :drinkup Your problem could be a number of things, but the code is telling you the ground circuit for the brake solenoid is shorted to battery. The most likely cause for your problem is failed brake (traction lock) solenoid coil. The brake valve is in a tough to get to spot. You can find it with cab raised just below and to the rear of the throttle control lever. Brake solenoid coil is noted by the (1).

  2. #2cowboyez2014-02-12 07:04

    Thankyou for such a speedy reply! I was pushing snow down my driveway, of course the end of drive where this happened. Is there a way to override to get back to my barn about 1/4 mile?? Again thank you very much.

  3. #3CM19952014-02-12 10:21

    The T250 solenoid is in the same area, changed the one on mine last year. As far as I know, you will have to replace the solenoid but Willie might know a trick.

  4. #4willie592014-02-12 18:44

    I don't know if the manual I have applies to your serial number, but does your machine have the traction lock bypass knob? If not, have you raised the cab and located the traction lock (parking brake) solenoid, does it have a small knurled red knob on the end of the solenoid where the coil is fitted? If you don't have either of these features, the only way you could move it is to disconnect the brake valve outlet fitting and connect a porta power to the hoses to pump up some pressure to release drive brakes. This pic shows the knurled knob on the end of the solenoid spool if that's what your machine has.

  5. #5cowboyez2014-02-12 21:04

    Thanks Wiily59 I do have a red knob beside the seat. It is wore off so I didn't know what it was for. S/N 518916935. Do I have to take the front plate off to get to the solenoid?

  6. #6willie592014-02-12 21:30

    Sorry, not so fast cowboyez, according to your s/n, Bobcat didn't provide a manual brake release for your machine, the red knob you have is the loader arm manual descent valve. Give me a minute to come up with a pic for you.

  7. #7willie592014-02-12 21:55

    Since Bobcat didn't provide a manual brake release on your machine, I think I'd simply pull the coil off of the brake solenoid spool and fit a new coil and see if it works. This would probably take only a few minutes time with the cab raised, far less time than rigging up a pump to manually release the brakes. If you raise the cab and look in the area underneath the throttle lever you should be able to see the coil for the brake solenoid (red arrow) between the aluminum drive control shaft (green arrow) and the main loader control valve (blue arrow). Simply remove nut (1) and the coil should slide right off of the solenoid valve spool.

  8. #8cowboyez2014-02-13 06:24

    Thanks. When I get home after work I'll give it another look. I appreciate your help!

  9. #9cowboyez2014-02-13 20:26

    Willy59 I found the solenoid, it was pretty easy to change out, BUT. Now I have more errors. Loader won't start. The lift tilt valve light and the traction light flashes twice. The light button and the bucket positioning light stays lit. The computer says 1. spool lock output short to battery, 2. glow plug relay error off. 3. Bucket positioning error on. 4. Unknown failure. I have never had any problems like this before. I'm a little shook up.

  10. #10cowboyez2014-02-13 20:30

    I forgot to mention that I unhooked battery for about 5 minutes thinking it would reset the computer. Same info after reconnecting

  11. #11willie592014-02-13 20:39

    Holy crap, it sounds like your machine needs an exorcism! Let me see if I can get a Bobcat tech to look at this thread and get his thoughts.

  12. #12Hawkeyestate2015-06-14 14:55

    My t200 is in creek My starter is fried need bobcat out of water asap can anyone tell me where to hook porta power to release brake

  13. #13Paully2015-12-05 12:44

    Can you tell me where the fuel shut off solenoid is on my 2000 T200?

  14. #14crewchief8882015-12-05 15:20

    round solenoid, square plug on the engine harness, held on by a screw in the center of the plug. sorta beneath the alternator :drinkup