Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T200 – Power Bobtach

Bubba ยท 2012-10-07 20:12

Can anybody help me concerning a Power Bobtach. Mind quit working. When I engage the switch nothing happens. I checked the fuses. I got a Bobcat T200. I appreciate any help.

Replies9
  1. #1Bobcatdan2012-10-08 20:04

    The power bobtach vavle is bolted to the back of the gear pump. I'm thinking it will be real fun to get to. There are two coils, one for up and one for down stacked on top of each other. It maybe as simple as the retaing nut fell off and the coils came off. I hate to to say this thou, power bobtach stop work can be the first sign of something failing. Being bolted to the back of the pump, if there is metal in the system, the valve is first to catch and it jams up. I would check your drive motor end oils and hydraulic fluid. Hopefuly it is just something stupid.

  2. #2Bubba2012-10-08 20:48

    Thanks Bobcatdan. It worked fine a few minutes before it quit working. I went back to change attachments and when I pressed the switch nothing happened. Do you think the switch might be faulty. I haven't checked it yet. I raised the cab to look to see if some of the wires were frayed or unplugged and everything looked ok. Facing from the front to the rear with the cab raised, which side are the coils on. Is there anykind of fuse link used to protect the wiring or coils to prevent a shortage. It seem it may be somekind of electrical problem. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP

  3. #3Bobcatdan2012-10-08 21:07

    Sitting in the machine, the valve is on the right side. It is bolted to the back of the gear pump in no man's land. The fuse for the circuit would be in the fues box. i check every fuse. I have been burned in the pass by not checking every single fuse.

  4. #4crewchief8882012-10-14 14:43

    remove the cylinder, make sure the levers and wedges will move by hand without the cylinder attached. i get a lot of calls, "my powerbobtach dont work" 80% of them the wedges are rusted/stuck :drinkup

  5. #5BDFT2012-10-14 20:43

    Check out willie59's thread

  6. #6DGODGR2012-10-15 00:42

    Make sure that you check te simple stupid stuff first. Like grease for the attachment dogs. When they dry up they are very difficult to operate.

  7. #7Bubba2012-12-08 18:42

    Well i had the bobcat dealer work on it. They replaced the solinoid A coil and i paid $400.00. They said it was fixed. I tried it before i left anf worked ok. I got it home and it stop working. I call the dealer he said he would chech it I took the cylinder off and found that the rod had a minor bend. I replaced the rod and seaks. Another $200.00. It only operates one direction. I took the cylinder off and left and checked the fliw if hyd oil it come out good on one side but hardly nothing come out the other line. I checked the switch and it test ok on both side as i toggle up an down. ANYBODY GOT ANY SUGGESTION. AND HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU GET TO THE COIL. Thanks

  8. #8crewchief8882012-12-09 08:55

    with the cylinder disconected and engine running you will have oil from the powerbobtach valve to one side of the cylinder at all times to keep the levers closed. if the levers are up, with the engine running, the levers will slowly close, if you curl the bucket backand hold over relief, the bobtach will close even faster. powerbobtach valve is located on the back of the hyd pump, between the engine & pumps coils are piggyback mounted to the stem on the lh side of the block. the block is approx 4"X4"X4" and is held onto the hyd pump with 4 allen head bolts. :drinkup

  9. #9BDFT2012-12-09 14:08

    You forgot to add that it is a proper SOB to get to. Willie's thread above will tell you all you need to know. The power Bobtach valve is the first valve after the pump and when the hyd pump fails it usually dumps a lot of crap into it and jams it up. I would pull the hyd filters and cut them open to check for brass and steel cuttings.