Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat t250 randomly won’t move..

LetsDoThisThing ยท 2022-07-18 00:13

I have a peculiar issue where sometimes I will get into my Bobcat t250, enter my code, start it, put the seat bar down and press operate loader, at which point it will beep 2 or 3 times and show an unknown error on display alerts . The bucket will move but I can't go forward or backwards (travel joystick does nothing.). If I turn it off and try again sometimes it will work or sometimes it will work if I come back after leaving it off for a bit. Issue only happens initially. If it's running I have no issues. Any ideas?

Replies5
  1. #1JBrady2022-07-18 11:04

    The next time it happens, as soon as it beeps, push and hold the lights button on the left instrument panel. The hour meter will change to show the code. Since you have a keypad machine, you can also see the alarm code through the menus on the right panel, but those alarms aren't stored in alarm history. It sounds like an ACS alarm. When the problem occurs, you probably are only getting 3 of the 4 orange lights on. My S250 does the same thing from time to time. Turning it off and back on usually clears the problem. Eventually, you'll have to change out the control valve actuator. it is a pretty common issue and there are a lot of threads on this site about it.

  2. #2LetsDoThisThing2022-07-18 23:31

    I'll give that a try. I did notice that if I lift up the seat bar and put it down and press operate loader again (sometimes several times of doing those steps), it will also work. "(p) Traction" light also won't light up if it's not going to work for what it matters...

  3. #3TimmyD2022-08-12 23:24

    I was watching a video from HowIDidIt on YouTube the other day where he explained something similar. Check it out and it may help.

  4. #4willie592022-08-13 00:02

    T250 is a G series machine. On power up, even before you start it, you should hear one long beep from the alarm. That's the main controller (computer) doing a system test and also lets you know the alarm is working. Once you start the machine and begin operation, if at any time you hear three short beeps from the alarm, that's the main controller alerting you that it's seeing a fault. Right then, don't shut it down, don't do anything else, instead, push and hold down the headlight button on the left panel, this will bring up the code(s) in the hour meter display that caused the alert. As stated in post above, Bobcat machines don't "store" codes, they only work with "active" right now codes, you have to check codes when you hear the three short beeps. Once you shut it down the main controller wipes clean on next start up.

  5. #5Txhayseed2022-08-13 14:05

    The above mentioned video is not your culprit. That particular issue with the poppet valve relates to the delay in brake release or having to throttle up and then get a brake release. It also would not set off any alarms. Agree with above posters.. Trouble codes needed.