Good morning ladies and gents, I am new to the skid steer/MTL/CTL world and have purchased a 2004 257B to do land maintenance around the property as well as to have a forklift for moving heavier machinery. I have the operators manual but there doesn't seem to be anything in it relating to the seven different hydraulic connections that I have on this thing. Can anyone tell me what's what in the picture below? Thanks in advance!
Is the machine an SLK Serial Number prefix.? There is a Serial Number break at SLK7300 and different operator manuals for machine above or below that number. What reference of operator manual do you have.? It will be on the top RH corner of the front cover. SEBU7988 has the following illustration for a High Flow machine which appears to be what's in your photo.
Hello Nige, this is the number in the top right corner of the operators manual: SEBU7494-06 My SN is SLK01090. I guess I have the wrong manual ...
The manual you have is for an earlier model of machine, a 257 of S/N prefix CMM rather than your SLK-prefix 257B. The correct OMM for anything up to SLK07299 is SEBU7732. It contains the same illustration as the one I posted above but also has all the relevant instructions how to engage the various auxiliary hydraulic or continuous flow connections depending on whether the machine is Standard or High Flow. You can download a pdf copy for $49 from Cat Publications (or search for one on eBay). Go to - https://catpublications.com/ When the popup appears click on "Continue as Guest". Type SEBU7732 in the box and click Search. The illustration below should appear.