Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T300

Jonathan01 ยท 2011-07-27 23:51

Hello, I have a 2003 Bobcat T-300 that is right under 2000 hours. I am getting ready to do a complete maintenance on it, engine oil and filter, fuel filter, hydraulic oil and filter, etc. My main question is on the drive sprockets and front and rear idlers. What do yall think about sprockets and idlers from Loader Parts Source? This is a personal machine and at this time for only work on my land, so I am looking for decent sprockets and idlers, for a good price. Also I am wondering what kind of oil to put in the hydrostatic motor carriers, do I need to use the synthetic oil with the P/N 6682546 that is in my book?

Replies7
  1. #1xcmark2011-07-29 18:40

    I would suggest putting the best oil in you can find , drive motors are 1/2 the cost of the machine if they fail.

  2. #2Jonathan012011-07-29 20:59

    Thanks, would the oil that is in the bobcat book be the best oil to use?

  3. #3corey joe2011-07-29 21:39

    I replaced the drive motor on my t 300 a few years ago and it cost me 4 grand. I thing the final drive oil cost 90 dollars or something like that.now im working on a acs problem.2200 hours on it now so things are starting to go. seems like when you hit 2000 hrs they start having problems.

  4. #4Jonathan012011-07-29 21:48

    Yea, I have some kind of ACS problem too now. For about the last 100 hours every once and a while the bobcat does not want to tilt. I don't know what it is, sometimes when it quits I can shake the bobcat or run into a pile of mud or something and it starts tilting again, but than sometimes I can't do anything but just wait until it decides to tilt again.

  5. #5corey joe2011-07-29 23:02

    acs troubles I had the same problem a couple years ago with my tilt. What happens is the tilt actuator starts to go bad but will clear itself up for a while but will go to hell in a couple weeks. I replaced the actuator and it worked fine. Today I just picked up a lift actuator because that failed yesterday. They are about 600 bucks a crack. They are located under the throttle lever kind of. Not the easiest job to do but after a couple hours of cussing a guy can get it done. Of coarse Im working on it out in the middle of the forest.

  6. #6Jonathan012011-07-29 23:24

    Acs Thats what I figured, but just not ready to spend the 600.

  7. #7ctheddy2011-10-21 01:03

    Yeah those those fail pretty quickly, there is an access panel on the side of the machine remove right front tire and that plate lift the cab and its a easy job. Mine only set me back 300 a piece, been about 4 yrs ago inflation??? Funny the situations that arise that teach you the function of that little red knob by the throttle lever haha.