I am demoing a used bobcat t300 with 2700 hours. What do I need to be looking over for problems? It appears to have new tracks and the undercarriage looks to be in great shape. Is there a way to check the drive motors? I have heard of people checking the case drain but no clue where that is. They left it with me over the weekend to demo. It was supposedly used in landscaping in its previous life. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
check the case drain filter. its located in the center of the machine right in front of the hydro pumps on a 1/2" hose. its about two or three inches long and threads apart. look at the inside for filings
Do you have to raise the cab to get to those? If so how hard is it?
Yes, but raising the cab is easy. in the front corners of the cab there is a 3/4" head nut on each side. take those off and grab the handles and lift. when it is all the way up, it should lock. check that before you get under it or you could get one hell of a headache!
Do the lift arms need to be up or down?
Either one. its easier to reach the filter if they are up. but be sure to use the safety lock. Ill see if I can post the page from the service manual with the filter
Thanks for the info. I am trying to make sure I don't get messed over. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I cant post the page here, its too large of a file.
Is the case drain filter a spin on filter?
no, its a in line filter. it has two hoses going into a "T" on one end and one hose on the other end. its silver, about 1.5" diameter, 3" long, and has a hex head on one end. it should sit on the raised center right in front of the hydros. If you send me your email I can send you the page from the service manual, but its a poor quality picture. also when you thread it apart, be careful, its spring loaded. not much pressure, but can pop apart if you are not ready for it. and it must be reassembled in same order it came apart. Another thing to check is if you can power through the brakes, that's a bad sign also.
And you talking about setting the parking brake then try to go
yes, if it don't move easy, that's good. But if it can drive easily that means the brakes in the drive motors are bad.
Can power thru parking brake at full throttle but not at an idle, it bogs the machine down
I have a t300 as well. Hands down best skid steer we have ever owned. Ours has 3000 hrs and runs very well.
then you should be good. check the oil in the drive hubs also, its a synthetic lube that's $45 for 8oz container from Bobcat, but that will fill both hubs.
I like the machine I just wish it was joystick instead of standard controls. I got a knee that I hurt riding dirt bikes 15 years ago. I noticed after running the standard controls it is bothering me some. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD