Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat t300 low charge pressure shut off

aaronsiegs · 2025-08-04 23:25

Hi everyone, my 2005 bobcat T 300 shuts down and says low charge pressure. I can’t engage the drives at idle. At full throttle, I have very little pressure in both drives. I can go backwards slowly and forwards very slowly, and I cannot turn left and right. I have a lot of pressure with raising the arms and curling the bucket. It easily lifts the machine. I found metal silver shavings in the right case drain filter (around a quarter of the filter had shavings) I took apart 1/3 right drive motor and the brake pack didn’t appear heavily damaged. I changed the oil, right case drain filter, hydraulic oil and hydraulic filter(although I didn’t check for metal yet.) A few discs had slight scaring marks, but none were broken. One of the shims at the end was very thin (almost as thin a paper, but the discs didn’t appear broken.) I’m wondering what is wrong? Should I keep taking apart the drive or investigate damage elsewhere.

Replies3
  1. #192U 34062025-08-05 00:35

    If the filter was 1/4 full of metal filings then something is 100% ****ed. The more you run it, the more you will contaminate the system. If you have a low charge pressure warning then you should start there. Charge pressure is what supplies your two hydrostatic pumps with oil. If the charge pump has cratered then that would explain your lack of travel speed/power. If that much metal has gone through the system then you are in for a major headache of cleaning out the system.

  2. #2aaronsiegs2025-08-05 00:38

    Thanks! I'll start with taking apart the charge pump.

  3. #3fortworth-cowboy2025-08-10 14:12

    If you found the metal in the RH case drain filter, your RH Drive motor is causing the issue. Possible that the motor is internally bypassing pressure. Was there a hole in the cupper cup from the case drain filter? IF yes, then there are more issues, most likely in the hdyro pump. DID you check the drive belt? Because a slipping drive belt can also cause the issues.