Have a 2017 CAT 259D. Lately the coolant has been leaking or dripping is a better word. The machine is NOT overheating--no warnings, no sirens. I knew something was wrong because its operation wasn’t consistent. At first I thought it might be the hose connection (bottom) of the resevior so I bought new clamps and reset the hose (don’t know how you guys get your hands in those tiny spaces). But it continued to leak around the nipple of the tank. So I put JB weld over the area and put some water in the tank for a test. It started dripping again but then stopped! There is still ¼ tank of water in the reservior. Questions: Should I try to reapply an epoxy or marine glue to the bottom of the tank area (nipple)? Should I take the tank off, clean, and ?????? And, how in the world do I get that tight a%$! & hose attached more easily?
You need to look in the radiator itself to check the coolant level. Do this when the engine is COLD. The coolant in the reservoir can be at the correct level but at the same time the radiator can be low on coolant. See attachment. Try posting a photo showing where the leak is.
Thank you, thank you. Going to investigate....Back soon.....