Looking at a new Bobcat T770. Anyone have own one or spent time in one. Real world opinions welcome. thanks
I have an s750 that I use for mulching, grapple work, and dirt work. I wanted the s770 but there wasn't one available. I have owned all the large frame machines since the 863c series and by far, the 750 M series is the best and strongest I've used. It has more power than my s330 did but lines up very similar spec-wise. Not sure what you are going to use it for but having the tracks will only be a benefit for most applications though the ride might be a little rough in some circumstances. The cab is top-notch and the hydraulic power on regular flow is adequate. I pretty much like everything about the cab though there could be a little more leg room. I use hand controls and like having a pedal. The A/C system is top notch if you get enclosed cab. The cab really does seal up well (less dust). Not perfect but better than other machines I've owned.
Yes i have about 330 hrs in a T770 Bobcat c/w roller suspension, joystick controlled ,air ride seat.....from my experience with previous bobcat machines i am happy with the M series modifications Bobcat has done Power in engine compartment is fair,lift and curl power are good the 2 speed option is nice but lacks a little in power going up hills etc. All in all i think it is comparable with the competition in its class
Thanks. No problems or issues I need to concerned about. I am considering switching from a john deere 333.
If your in the mood to demo machines, perhaps try demoing a TR380 against the Bobcat M and Deere D series. I would like to hear how the CASE Alpha series compares to these machines.
i have used a T300 bobcat for 1100 hrs ,a T320 for 1700 hrs another T320 for 670 hrs and now the T770 for 330 hrs The T770 is definitely the pick of the bunch.....but the machines were all running very trouble free I did have some tilt cylinder issues on the T320,s but that was due to operator error
KSSS, They do look like a very nice machines. No dealers within a resonable distant to me. Do you own and operate one ? Would it be worth my extra effort ? Can you tell me about them? include hours of operation if possible. I tend to look harder at people who have put 1000 plus hours on the particular machine. Are you a dealer and can you supply prices ?
BOBATACK, Great user name. This is just the type of information I look for. Real operators with plenty of hours. Thanks for that. These machines are starting to cost a hell of allot of money and the time i spend researching seems to pay for itself. Thanks again for taking the time to replt. I really appreciate it.
Thanks Yellowdog. I appeciate you taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.
I am an end user and just got my new TR320 (radial lift track machine). So I am about 980 hours away from a 1000. I think the E/H controls on these machines is impressive. You can program the machine to respond as you want it to (without paying additional like CAT makes you do with their AMICS system). The bucket breakout is class leading. The hp is around 90 and the engine torque is 254ish. They have two options for high flow a high pressure and high flow. If you opt for the high pressure you get both systems, that is a key feature for me. I would like to hear someone compare the Alpha machines to BC and Deere, I think the Alpha's are real strong but have not run the others (the BC and Deere dealers here dont have large track machines). As far as price, I got a great deal but have purchased a lot of machines from these guys. I know on another forum a BC salesman was upset at having to compete against the TV380 price wise. I think the price is at least very competetive. Never hurts to run one, if nothing else it helps to reconfirm your original decision. I ran a demo 320 against a 279 CAT before I purchased the CASE. The CAT did somethings well but at the end of the day, I felt the CASE was a stronger machine at a better price.
Thanks again KSSS. What was that other forum you speak of ? I would like read the thread..........Always trying to research as much as possibe. I looked at the CASE website and the TR380 looks like it would meet my needs. My local BOBCAT dealer is treating me very well. I would like to stay with them but for this kind of money I really have no loyalty to any particular dealer. I am looking for the best machine for my needs. Trouble free is key to me. No allowance for downtime in my work. I need to get done and move to the next job as quickly as possible. It's a rat race for me ......
This forum will blank out the name if I type it. Not sure why they do that but they do. What are your issues with your Deere?
My dealer really sucks for one and I can't see crap out of it for two. Other than that its not bad i guess. Just not happy with it .........
I have been running Bobcat T200 & T300 machines for the last 10yrs and have hardly ever had any down time with my bobcats other than general maintenance. I recently traded for a Case TV380 HUGE mistake it has been at the dealer for the the last 2 months now due to the weakest boom design in history. The boom has so much side to side play that it hits the frame hard just about every time you make a sudden turn. It is actually taking chunks of steel out of the boom & has even touched the cab a time or two when the boom is about half way up and you make a sudden turn. Not to mention the rams for the boom are rubbing on the boom frame (another design flaw) Case told me they could just hit the boom with a grinder to fix this problem. Wow how much money do they pay these engineers!!! The pivot point on the bucket is about 2-3" higher than my T300 was so when I put some of my attatchments on the TV380 I can't get the boom low enough for the attatchments to be level. A far as track power the case is awesome but lacks big time in lifting power compared to the T300 but the M series bobcats also cut back alot on the lifting power. If you are serious about byuing a case you might want to wait till 2013 so they can have enough time to redesign the vertical lift machines.
Has CASE said anything about this being a problem with yours or all of them. I am curious because the NH machines are the same and they are almost all vertical lift machines. I have not heard of any NH problems, but maybe they have not surfaced yet.
Case has admitted that ther is a problem to me but so far they say mine is the worst they have seen. I would guess that the Alpha series is too new and and not too many TV380 machines out there yet and I must be the only one out there that has complained about it. So far all the dealers I have talked to that have had a TV380 have said they noticed the weak design & are trying to stop all there orders on these machines & as far as NH they are a little different design BUT they have always been known for a weak boom. I sure hope more people come forward about this before it is too late. I am just sick about this having over $60,000 into a piece of **** meanwhile it sits in a shop and the warranty time is just slipping away. I plan on going on a rode trip so I can get some videos of other new TV380 machines that do the same thing and see what CNH has to say about that
I am sure CASE will step up and make it right by you. Have you had the E/H updates done if not I would have them update that while its in getting worked on. The update is outstanding. You can cant yet PM but email me on my link in my signature if you like.
yes I have had the E/H update done but I was only able to run it for about a 1/2 hr since then & yes I did notice a huge improvement on the jerkiness of controls & I hope you are right about Case stepping up and making it right but I believe they will have buy this one back to make it right. Don't get me wrong I still have faith in CNH products as I run there dozers and love em but if they don't resolve this matter soon I will have no choice but to change brands forever. I hope it don't come to that.
altoon, your boom problem sounds alot like the complaints we had on the 450 machines...(and 90XT's) That particular boom design (radial lift with parallel linkage) was as sloppy new as it was at 1000 hours. Lots of side to side play. We had to take a couple machines back because of it due to the customer not being confident in the loader arm longevity. Case acknowledged that there was play, but they stuck to their guns on the fact that it was "the nature of the beast" and that it would be the same many hours from new. With that being said, I know that the new TV380 boom is nothing like the "steel plate" design of the old 450's, I just found it interesting that they are having a similar issue. Good luck. If Case CE is anything like our Case IH service support, they should take care of you.
I can't beelive this story. They need to make this right by giving you a brand new machine that works as advertised now.They can figure out there issues on their time not yours and on there money not yours. I am simply at a loss for words on this. BOBCAT ot DEERE or CAT or .........Best of luck to you on this . Please keep us informed and show the dealer this thread for leverage. :usa
These are photos from a rental show in New Orleans that my buddy at Bobcat sent me. This was a new TV380 in the Case booth that had the right side of the loader contacting the front inside of the track when the loader was down on the loader stops. Case knows that the small radial lift machines have had crooked loaders as well as the large vertical machines. My friend is a salesman for a Case dealership and he said the large TR270 and TR320 radial lift machines have been good.
What the heck were the Engineer's at Case doing ? Looks like a few of them fell asleep at the drawing board. That's a major mistake in terms of design, Engineering and manufacturabilty...Welding doesn't look too good either. Make a great anchor..... :usa
wow thats pretty unreal
I'm a little shocked at seeing that. I've seen some things on my Bobcat that left me scratching my head but the boom contacting the tracks makes no sense. I wonder if a boom stop wasn't put on when it should have been? I remember having the dealer weld a boom stop on my OTT bobcat so the boom wouldn't contact the OTT tracks but this seems like it should have been dealt with at the factory level. I was looking at the new case on the cover of equipment today and saying how nice that machine looks
I am not sure why either. I expect there to be some of this on a new series and I know CASE will take care of these issues and the customers that have them. What surprised me was the machine in the photo was at a machine expo of some sort. That was not the machine to put out so that one machines issues could become the internet whipping boy for all the TR380's. That was truly stupid. I measured mine when it got in when DigDeep informed me of this issue some time ago. My 320 loader arms was within a 1/16th. The 380 line must have had some machines that got out of spec. There are only couple here that I know of but no one has these issues.
I'm not an expert on track machines but if a roller or idler was out of adjustment, could a track be "tracking" off to the inside? That pic still makes no sense in that there is absolutely no room for movement of the booms. All booms flex and that much contact would be a disaster waiting to happen. I am guessing it is an isolated incident and I imagine CASE is on top of it if there were more than a couple of machines leaving the factory with poor track to boom tolerance. I still think the Alpha series looks tough. From the pics, the only thing I don't like is the hydraulic lines on top of the boom arms but I imagine a guard could be made pretty easy. I work in the woods most of the time and anything that sticks out gets hit no matter how careful I am.