Hay there guys I need some advice.. Here's my situation I currently have a f650 w/c7 I jus bought a 305.5 excavator to go along with my 289c. This puts me towing at about 27000lbs way to much for myf650 and yes i have a class A lol.I also ordered a 40k zieman tag trailer the deck length is 28' with a 4' beaver. Had to be this long to for my attachments and machines. Now for my questions. I was going to pull the trigger on a 10 wheeler but I Really enjoy the manuvarbility of the bobtail and the shorter length. Has anyone seen a class 8 truck like a Pete 379 or t800 (similar to a single axle belly dump truck)made into a bobtail? I have a killer western demo box that's 12ft on f650 I would love to move to the new truck. It's almost two short for a 10 wheeler but is awesome for a bobtail. What do yous think about a single axle truck towing that kind of weight?thanks guys
I have a Mack CH612 and an IH 2375, and they would hardly know 27,000 lbs was back there. With the Mack I've pulled a triaxle tag trailer at gross trailer weight around 50,000 w/ no problems, and have pulled a fithwheel type semi trailer at nearly 100,000, though I wouldn't recommend more than 80,000. I'm actually suprised that a 650 would have trouble with 27,000, though I would heartily reccommend going to the class 8 truck, as they are built much heavier, and parts are actually cheaper. On edit: I also have a 10-wheeler w/ a 12' dumpbed, and I really like it for tight spaces.