Having a go at posting my first pic's. These are from last 'Summer!!!' in the UK, and show a Cat 312 that the owner asked me to go and look at. I usually end up doing machine rescues with him anyway, but as he was busy he asked me to take a look on my own as I would probably 'just drive it out!!' The phone call I had to make to him was certainly interesting, as he thought I was joking about needing another machine and timber mats. His face was certainly a picture next morning when he found this!! I'm certain there could be a prize for the best 'take' on the wording of the rear Warning Sticker!!
Aw come on Eddie, what you need the other machine for It wasn't to get a better picture. Whats the story, he left it running and went to tea
Wow.. Thats a sof spot... Atleast it didn't bang all the panels in... LOL
I'm a professional at getting myself in stupid situations, but this is better than I've ever done!
Reminds me of the stories about the Boa's eating alligators in the Everglades of Florida
Wups! I'm afraid to ask how it wound up like that. I guess I got it lucky here, the ground usually stays where it's supposed to.
lol thats kool
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VMBolxjdnvg this excavator is what you need 4 that type of job
The sorry Story!! Rob I refrained from simply driving it straight out to spare the operators pride!! The tale goes that he was entering the field to clean a ditch that had been attempted by a Backhoe the previous week. The Backhoe had sunk and was recovered leaving a considerable mess, which then received heavy rainfall. The 'operator?!!' :beatsmedecided to drive straight into the mess to tidy it up, promptly sinking. According to the guy he was on hire to, he then spent a considerable time 'thrashing' about until he reached the state shown in the pics. As shown the machine would not lift the dipper out of the ground, due to the suction of the 7 ft Ditching bucket buried. You can see the Mats on the low loader behind the John Deere, and that is the closest solid ground. It really was an experience digging it out, as even on Mats the ground would move for quite a distance around the rescue machine. The feeling was like being on a Rubber Duck with soft tyres all round. It took around an hour to extract the machine and Mats, but no attempt to tidy the mess was made for the simple reason that it wasn't safe to be there!! The moral is be man enough to say 'it's stuck' when recovery is a simple tug out from another machine or a couple of timbers to assist.
wow what a mess but I would have liked to see pictures of the machince being removed from that muck!
A Few more Pics Just the last pics showing the machine unharmed and actually quite clean! Also the devastation to the poor blokes field!
Thanks Eddie :notworthy luv it ! Whats that expression, Put the shovel down, a for you dig urself any deeper :cool2
So much mud . . So little time. . . www.everpads.com