Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bolt on bucket teeth

xcmark ยท 2011-03-02 09:11

Guy I just picked up a new bucket for my CTL, its a 84" from everthing attachments . The bucket is top notch , I have never seen a OEM bucket built as good as this is. what I am lloking to do is bolt on teeth for the summer and remove then for the winter so I dont tear up the drive way when doing snow removal. Where can I get teeth for it, They wanted almost 300 as a option when it was built. Can I get them aftermarket cheaper? I dont want a tooth bar , it predrilled for teeth or bolt on cutting edge. The holes are 3" on center and look like a 5/8 or 3/4" flat head would be right.

Replies3
  1. #1Z'mnypit2011-03-02 11:13

    Ordered all mine from here. http://www.romacindustrialparts.com/ Went with series 23 shanks/teeth. I did go weld on though but it was $140 total for shanks and teeth

  2. #2DGODGR2011-03-02 21:36

    Search "bucket bite". They are available at my Bobcat dealer though I don't believe that they are only available at Bobcat. It is a tooth bar that can be mounted and dismounted as a unit. It's probably not a savings but you will be able to switch between straight and cutting edges with less hassle. It still won't be as easy as having a straight edge bucket and a toothed bucket on the job. BTW the $300 is cheap. The teeth and segments on my 3 yard loader was about $1,000! It's only 102" wide too.

  3. #3xcmark2011-03-03 10:33

    I have a 78" tooth bucket but it is as wide as the machince nothing extra. I just got the smooth bucket that is roughtly a 1/4 yard bigger in compasity and its wider but still suitable for digging , its not a "snow or litter" bucket. Its over 900lbs empty . Just want to be able to move snow in the winter with the teeth off , I dont think a tooth bar will stand up to a 10,600 lb+ track machine. Any one run a bar on a track machine ?