Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bomag bw130ad

rhanglo ยท 2010-10-23 03:41

I have a 1989 BW 130 AD.1000 hrs ex uk army in mint condition. When the machine gets to normal aperating temp and on uneven ground it stops going back and forth. when the machine is cold it travels back and forth. When the machine is on flat tarmac whether hot or cold runs ok. also the vibrator has stopped working. I also need to know what all the buttons are for on the dash. As its broekn down at moment I would like to get all working. \Any ideas

Replies9
  1. #1aja4582011-03-04 13:20

    if it only moves when cold -sounds like the hydraulic pump is bypassing.I had a bw120ad that had a small crack in the hydraulic system(i dont remember the name of the piece) but it would not have proper flow to move the roller when hot. not a cheap fix. cost me $1600 12 yrs ago

  2. #2rhanglo2020-05-15 07:39

    after 10 years I have gotten around to repairing bomag bw130 ad I have had all the electrics done engine starts and runs good brakes good all i have now is a problem with the drive, sometimes it goes in reverse, and sometimes forward, after leaving the machine on tick over, I see the drive is a closed circuit, anybody has any idea why won't go back and forward normally

  3. #3rhanglo2020-05-15 07:40

    after 10 years I have gotten around to repairing bomag bw130 ad I have had all the electrics done engine starts and runs good brakes good all i have now is a problem with the drive, sometimes it goes in reverse, and sometimes forward, after leaving the machine on tick over, I see the drive is a closed circuit, anybody has any idea why won't go back and forward normally

  4. #4mg23612020-05-16 06:22

    When it stops, just it just stop or gradually slow down until it eventually stops?

  5. #5rhanglo2020-05-16 06:39

    Well originally it slowed down and down and when warm it would go forwards or backwards, now sometimes it goes back but never goes forward then it sometimes it won't move at all, I checked the brakes and they go on and off, I am a little lost with Hydraulics

  6. #6mg23612020-05-17 07:44

    Control linkage OK? If so then you will most likely need to get someone to check pressures. Also please post a serial number.

  7. #7rhanglo2020-05-18 13:55

    Hello. I will let you have the serial number tomorrow, thank you for answering

  8. #8rhanglo2020-05-19 08:37

    Here is serial number 101650000136

  9. #9mg23612020-05-20 05:03

    Have you checked the control linkage? If it is OK then the charge pressure would be the next thing to check. Especially when the issue is happening.