Hello All - I am starting a project on my farm in the near future and need to purchase a used 5-6 ton padfoot roller. I've been looking at the Bomag 145 PDH-3 and the Cat CP323C. I don't have a lot of experience with rollers so I'm wondering if there is anything in particular to look for, or look out for, when inspecting a used roller for purchase. I'm going to try and get one with less than 2000 hours. Is that a lot on a roller? Thanks for any input.
Rollers are expensive and dont get used as often as other equipment. You will find even older rollers dont have 2,000 hours on them. I have ran both the bomag and the cat. They are both about equal. You may also want to look at IR or Stone as they might be cheaper. The cheapest way out is to get a roller attachment for your skid steer but they dont work as well in lifts over 1'.
^^^^^^^ agree. don't know why but rollers are just so expensive. nothing fancy about them just expensive. It sucks to spend so much on something you use so little. but if you doing any kind of bench work their a nesasary evil.