Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bomag reversing plate compactor will not go forward

Mobilewrench ยท 2024-07-09 21:35
Replies7
  1. #1Mobilewrench2024-07-09 21:46

    Bpr50/52d-3 101 690 27 1931 I had to replace the seals for the actuator gear in the handle on this unit this morning. When I refilled and bled the hydraulic system and started it up it will only go backwards. Has me scratching my head because forward is the default direction on this old beast. If I remember correctly, the

  2. #2Shade Tree2024-07-09 22:02

    Hydraulic lines accidentally mixed up?

  3. #3Mobilewrench2024-07-09 22:19

    Sorry, not sure how that posted. Iirc, the "transmission" on these reversible compactors is a hydraulic master and slave system. The master cylinder is in the handle. The actuator gear engages the gears on the master piston and pulls it up creating vacuum that should draw the slave cylinder back (in this case to the right). That should adjust the eccentric shaft in the plate body so that it bounces back instead of forward. My best guess right now is that somehow the the slave cylinder has gotten stuck in reverse. Any ideas?

  4. #4Mobilewrench2024-07-09 22:20

    Thanks for replying. There is only one line.

  5. #5Shade Tree2024-07-09 22:56

    Any pictures? I'm trying to understand what all is happening. Sounds like something that can be reversible.

  6. #6heymccall2024-07-09 23:36

    This?

  7. #7heymccall2024-07-09 23:44

    Is lever properly engaged in cross bolt? Is "Z" oriented correctly?