Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Boom Dropped suddenly

todddowney01 · 2025-04-04 19:51

Good evening everyone. Question. John Deere 135c in digging mode and attachment mode, boom will suddenly drop 1-2 feet unexpectedly while working. Not at the machine now, but will be this weekend. Any thoughts or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies6
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-04-05 09:08

    Is the issue repeatable ? Running multi functions ? , only when controlling boom up or down ?

  2. #2todddowney012025-04-05 09:26

    Go good Morning At machine now. Yes it’s very repeatable. It’s on the boom down in either mode, digging or attachment. There’s no real fingertip control. All the other functions I can make go very slow. The boom comes on fast and I can make it go faster, but there’s no slow movement of it

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-04-05 09:32

    To get the boom to go down , does it take more control lever movement than the other functions ?

  4. #4todddowney012025-04-05 09:39

    No It doesn’t seems like a stroke on the control of is the same

  5. #5todddowney012025-04-05 09:48

    No, seems like the stroke of the controller handles is the same. Sorry the last comment I tried voice to text.

  6. #6Diesel Dave2025-04-05 10:15

    To stop any confusion, Let’s move the conversation to your “John Deere 135C boom will drop thread ” I quoted pretty much everything that was here.