Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar SV08 stick removal

Olsu ยท 2025-04-04 16:16

Hi everyone! I have a Yanmar SV08 year 2009 model, bought it used from an auction. (Not actually heavy equipment, i know) And that little excavator sure has got some beating, but it's working, and I have repaired an tidyed it up a bit. Problem is that the right hand main control stick is bent. (Don't ask me how that's possible). It works, but it bothers me cause cause the sticks arent lined up, not even close, and cause the right stick moves a bit too far when fully open. Has anyone removed this stick? What screws should I unbolt, and is there some strange mechanism that locks the stick in place? I think its safest to remove the stick before trying to straighten it. And of course if anyone has encountered the same problem, or straightened a bent stick like this, any tips will be welcome. I assume that a little heat would do good before trying to straighten it up.

Replies0

No replies yet.