I have noticed that a couple of the bottom rollers on my 550H dozer are starting to leak some oil, they are not leaking bad just a little. Is there any way to check the oil in them without removing them? The book says they are only checked when removed from dozer. If they need replacing is this a lot of trouble and do you have to remove the tracks to do this?
still do? Rollers used to have a center plug in them that was the oil level and filler. Even though I still use a dozer most days, I am embarrased to tell you that I can't say if they still have the filler/level plug. I do remember that in the old days if we had a roller that was leaking oil we would pump in the thickest oil we had or failing that grease, thinking that we would get more wear out of them.:beatsme
You shoudn't have to remove the track. Just jack up the machine with the blade and let it back down with blocks under the front. I'm not sure about the oil checking, but more then likely if its leaking the seal is gone or needs to be replaced. Not to awful sure on that, depending on the roller. The CSA on here could help you out alittle more.
On my 450D,I have a plug.Did you check for one on yours?