Hi, Folks. Wottizzitt?????????????????
What ? Looks like an old Allis Chalmers HD-10 .
looks like a bumpy ride
Not an AC, they had the 471 detroits, electric start. Got a pic of the grille? Looks like an AC guage panel, but the rest of the machine dont look AC to me. I have been wrong before though.....
A-C...maybe HD-5 or HD-6? Early, no blade.
:beatsme
I will tell you what it probably is........................................................................................More realiable then todays equipment:bouncegri
Early AC with a Buda diesel.
Way before my time, but I like the bench seat! :beatsme
What year?
Wottizzitt - what year??????????? Hi, Twistedtree. Late 1940's-early '50's. Hi, Rueben, Donchya think that if they had been reliable, there might have been more of them around today and more people might be comin' up with the right answer? I can assure you that they are scarcer'n hen's teeth and rockin' horse manure. G'won, tell me you've got 3 in your back yard. LOL. Hi, N.CarolinaDozer. When they SAY 'Bench seat', they MEAN 'Bench seat'. Here's a shot of the whole jigger. And one of it's baby brother.
More photos of 'Wottizzitt'. Hi, Folks. I see there are no takers for any more guesses about the 'Wottizzitt' so I'll post some more photos of it. I think these will reveal all.
Fossil Looks like a well preserved fossil to me . LOL
Anti-Clock wise? Which way do engines normally turn?
Most engines turn counterclockwise viewed from the flywheel end. Nice find, Deas. I was afraid to make a guess. Is that a three cylinder pony motor? I think I see three spark plugs or something like that in your picture above.
I think the 4th plug is hiding, see the wires? I think the clockwise or not rotation is from looking at the front of the engine, not the rear. Deas, you come up with some oddballs in your travels. I wonder what support was like in the 40's and 50's when the machine was so farfrom where it came. That may explain why there were never more of them.
Which way do engines turn????????????? Hi, Bobcat Ron. It's plain to see that you've had it way too easy for way too long. I'd guess it's been a while since you had to hand crank a motor or time one either. I'd also guess that you have never heard of a 'left-handed' Cadillac from around 1910, which had an engine that cranked 'backwards' for a right-hander. It was not one of Cadillac's more popular models, nor one of it's longer-lived ones either.. Almost all engines turn clockwise when viewed from the front end of the engine. Originally, engines were designed to be cranked by a right-handed person pulling up with the right hand while standing mostly clear of the crank handle's swing, off to the left of the crank handle. Does that make sense? Hi, 72V. The little donk's got more pots than the big banger, 4 to 3. Here is another view of the jigger. I'm not sure but I think that same pony motor went on the ADN 70 and the ADN 130.
Maybe that's why toilets in your end of the world flush in the opposite direction as they do here?
if you had an old two stroke boat motor... you could start it for going forward, or shut it off and reengage the opposite starter and run it backwards for reverse! No kidding! Many of you probably know this though?
I've seen a few old tugs with direct reverse motors.
Forward/Reverse motors Hi, Folks. I never got to run one but I've been told that the early German Lanz hot-bulb diesel tractors didn't have a reverse gear. You had to nearly kill them with the throttle and then open the throttle again, trying to bounce them off compression and get them running in the opposite direction to go backwards. They were a 2-stroke diesel engine, or more correctly, a semi-diesel because they relied on the heat in the hot bulb from a blow torch to get them to fire the first few times.