I purchased a Ford F600 with almost 10k miles on it, its a deicer that the airport used in Atlanta Ga, the Gen is a isuzu 4cyl diesel with 60 hours on it. it's got all kinds of equipment in it for deicing planes, hardly ever used being it does not ice up here much in Atlanta Ga, so it sat in the heat for years, can tell by the paint, it looks like a 100 year old person's skin, cracked up and falling off lol. Its got a massive heater to heat up the chemical's they used to deice plus two large aluminum tanks inside for the deicing liquid. Its like a box truck with bucket set up going though the roof. So all is inclosed other than the bucket and arm so other than bucket, nothing else hgets direct sunlight. can tell by looking in it that it was not taken care of but it is 34 years old and the truck runs great, a little brake problem, and no manuels to know how to crank it or use it. Can't find the switch on the gen that runs the bucket. really lost on this one. But I love the challenge! I just wish I had a manual of how to start the Gen to make the bucket work. Can't find the power on switch. Anyway any thought on this would be welcomed being I am lost on this. Thanks for any help or thoughts. I do have pic's.
See if the airport might have an operation and maintenance manual for it. I wouldn't imagine there's too many companies making aircraft deicing trucks. I'd guess the Isuzu engine and generator is probably worth what you paid for the truck or more.
Welcome to the HEF, Doc-Mac. Cool rig you got there. Might be handy, on a cold morning, for de-icing your car when it gets a little frost on the windshield. Or, use the boom for picking peaches with.