So I came across a problem on a project I am consulting for. Some things are are not as they seem. I surveyed the issue, turns out the original surveyors used real ****** site control for survey. 3 points over 7 km. And It's embarrassing for me but we just found out they mixed up the northings and eastings in site control for the project. But we are being held to an accuracy of 3mm to 20 mm on project. Do we have a case to say go pound sand? Curious to hear others previous experience.
I'd say so. If they are that bad at providing accurate project plans, do you really want to work for them? They'd probably whine and complain about everything and try to tell you how to do the job hovering over your very move like vultures. Maybe they're too cheap to hire proper surveyors? How can you be accurate if they can't provide an accurate site plan ? Only way I'd even entertain a job like that is if they redid the survey and had all the details defined down to the last shovel full of dirt. Even then I'd be really leery. Maybe only consider it if it's cost plus for any changes or elements missing in the site plans.
Meh, happens all the time. The only things you can’t change have state permit pins.
Accuracy on what? Survey stakes? What are they asking of you that you'd tell them to pound sand?
Who hired the surveyors and who was responsible for setting site control? What does the contract say? I always have the GC or owner provide the control points and set them in the field. That way if the control points are incorrect it's their issue not mine.