Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brake Bands for a D37-P2

chambie ยท 2012-07-09 20:38

Hey guys, I am replacing the steering clutch disks and such on my dozer. The brake band linings are shot and i want to replace them. They are riveted, and there are like a dozen sections of lining per band. I can't locate the replacement linings that i need. I called my local Komatsu dealer and they told me they don't rebuild them they replace the entire band. ( $1600.00 ) per band. Somebody must have the linings i need ??? don't they ? Or does anyone know of a place that sells after market bands. I see them for the smaller dozers.. like the D20's and 21's . but haven't been able to find them for mine. My book says they are 6mm thick new. Mine are down to 4. Any help or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lindsay

Replies3
  1. #1chambie2012-07-18 07:01

    UPDATE !! Brake band issue resolved !! Thanks so much Darin !! I really appreciate it.

  2. #2mark38852012-07-18 21:32

    What was the outcome??????????

  3. #3chambie2012-07-19 06:27

    Mark, I ended up with a replacement set of used OEM bands. They were in terrific shape !! Almost new !! And the price was right where i needed it to be !