Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brake Bleeding Tips?

Bote · 2022-05-24 08:26

Any tips on bleeding the brakes on a 580M other than what’s in the service manual? I have to “pump” my brakes after my machine has been sitting for a few days. It seems to have gotten worse over the last few months. It's currently just an inconvenience, but in my automotive experience if you have to bleed brakes you probably have issues elsewhere.

Replies3
  1. #1Dave Neubert2022-05-24 18:10

    are you getting air when you bleed them it might be the master cylinder bipassing

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-05-24 20:25

    If the pedal is firm after pumping them up it may time to replace the brake disks.

  3. #3Bote2022-05-25 13:43

    I haven’t bled them yet. The manual shows two options with one using compressed air. I’ll use the other option. Hope it’s not the brake disks as that looks like a major job.