Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brand New Cat R1600G, cut in half!

RandyS ยท 2009-05-11 21:01

We did a lot of work for the local Zinc Mine the past 2 years and I ran across these pictures tonight and thought I would share them...brand new R1600G had to cut in half and lowered down the shaft. Local Cat dealer did the majority of the work, I was amazed at how well everything worked out... First 5...

Replies6
  1. #1RandyS2009-05-11 21:03

    And a few more...

  2. #2Chris917862009-05-11 21:07

    Turned out good, nice pics

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2009-05-11 23:37

    Wow! what a project. Someone was thinking outside of the box for sure.

  4. #4hvy 1ton2009-05-11 23:49

    Thats some nice uphand, i wish i was that good.

  5. #5egoman2009-05-12 14:40

    When I worked at arnes welding in winnipeg we modified a john deere grader so it would be able to be lowered down the shaft. Very interesting project and real cool looking.

  6. #6King of Obsolete2009-05-12 15:01

    the mines around here had small shafts so everything was cut in half to be lowered down below. the truck boxes were cut length ways and rewelded, lots of good welds were done by the welders. thansk KoO Published Author