Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Broke a Loader Frame Pivot on 580B

bstm23 ยท 2010-05-19 19:19

My 580B is down again, broke the "Loader Frame Pivot" as it's called in the repair manual, but many websites and such are calling it a "Shaft, Main Frame". I've found several for online for 580C-D-SE, but not for 580B. These for sale as well as mine are both 1" shafts, but for over $100 dollars I'm not pulling the trigger on buying one to try just yet. The only part number I can locate online is D129819. :idontgetit I'm calling Tractor Stuff.com tomorrow, but their website only lists the above part number. Has anyone run into this particular problem? Any help, as always, is appreciated. The pic below shows the "Loader Frame Pivot" that I broke.

Replies11
  1. #1bstm232010-05-19 19:27

    Here's actual pics:

  2. #2okney1lz2010-05-19 20:12

    Hey.... I just bought all of these parts. the rod, pins, washers, and bolts not too long ago. Turns out I didn't use them all. The frame is just egged out where the pin sits on the same side as in your picture. Too bad there is no bushing in the frame. So it's welding time for me! The pins on each side carry all of the weight. The rod doesn't have a torque spec in the manual, just tight enough to keep the loader arms from spreading. Plus it uses lock nuts. The newer machines switched to a long pin with snap rings and replaceable bushings in the frame. Long story short; I have a brand new one sitting here and can measure it if you want to make or have someone make one for you. Maybe even a piece of all-thread for now? F.Y.I. The thread is 1"-8 NC

  3. #3Phil2010-05-19 21:18

    I've seen threaded rod used for this. Looks pretty sloppy, which is likely why it broke. Not sure what the big washer is doing there. I've got one apart if you want some pictures. Phil

  4. #4okney1lz2010-05-19 21:30

    Part Numbers I'm seeing these part numbers on the Case website under "35 Loader and Backhoe for 580 CK Series B" Figure 342 "Loader Sub-frame and related parts" D37713 ROD - 1 required 131-659 LOCK NUT - 2 required D37732 WASHER - 2 required D52278 BUSHING - 2 required

  5. #5bstm232010-05-20 18:14

    Thanks okney1lz, those parts numbers worked. I found them cheapest at Colemanequip.com. First time ordering from them, I'll see how it goes and let you know when I get my parts :woohoo

  6. #6upbrakie2010-05-21 15:18

    Coleman Equipment is the dealer that we bought out 580SL from and the one we usually do most of our business with. While I've never mail ordered anything from them, you shouldn't have any troubles with them. Good luck with you 580B! After using the 580SL, I never want to have to use one of those B's ever again!

  7. #7Frank Dozer2017-06-06 09:05

    How did the replacement D37713 go ? Frank

  8. #8Tinkerer2017-06-06 14:43

    I will be surprised if you get a response from the thread participates. The thread is over 7 years old.

  9. #9Frank Dozer2017-06-06 16:36

    LOL .......... I need to replace mine. I'm wondering if I can just use a 1" shaft.

  10. #10Tinkerer2017-06-07 06:57

    I would think it would be too soft. You will be repairing it again. You may find this older thread interesting. It is a 580K but has the same problem.

  11. #11mikebramel2017-06-07 10:18

    Some 1144 stress proof might be good for the job?