Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucket edge question for Canadian members

swampdog ยท 2009-06-30 09:16

Can anyone point me to a good Canadian source for bolt on bucket cutting edges? To save on shipping, I would prefer a source in Edmonton, Calgary, or Saskatoon. But any source in Canada will do. This is for the clean up bucket on the Hitachi 270. More urgent is a new cutting edge for the Cat loader. Loading rocks is taking a rapid toll on the serrated tooth edge that is on there now.

Replies4
  1. #1Partsdude2009-06-30 12:56

    1-800-252-7999 and ask for Dwight Campbell. He can help you out. If he doesn't shoot me a PM and I will (I am 6 hours away from Edmonton but I can source and sell parts from almost anywhere even if Edmonton is not my territory).

  2. #2equippartsdir2009-07-02 22:00

    Bolt-On Cutting Edge Call Wearpro Equipment & Supply at 780-963-9411. They are located in Stony Plain, just west of Edmonton. They stock hundreds of Cutting Edges, Teeth, etc.

  3. #3swampdog2009-07-02 22:12

    Thanks for the leads, partsdude and equippartsdir. I'll check it out. By the way, does anyone have any idea what a bolt on cutting edge and the necessary bolts should cost for a 1978 Cat 966C?

  4. #4tootalltimmy2009-07-04 00:43

    I was amazed when I shopped for a cutting edge for my 54" cleanup bucket from CWS. Its 3 pieces with bolts x10 ( $10 apiece). Shipped to me from Vancouver was just under $1000 with taxes.