I need some help indentifying the teeth and shanks on a backhoe bucket. I have looked it over and cannot find any part numbers etc. Below are some pictures. The first two pictures are of the shank. Each side of the shank has a 2 step recess in it, but no thru hole. The current teeth are welded on and do not appear to line up with the recesses on the shank. I will follow up with the pictures.
This is on a 1962 International 340 Utility with a Wagner backhoe.
no photos, Try again.
:IMO Looks like the ole "heat n beat " to me. Heat the side of the tooth and beat it with a ball peen hammer to form it to the dimple , to secure it the shank. Notorious for falling off . Probably why you see welds. :cussing. I hate those things. I may be wrong though. Good luck !
Are you just wanting to know who made the teeth and shanks ? I had the same crimp-on style teeth on my (Case) backhoe. They are junk even when new because you cannot keep the teeth on the shanks. When working with broken concrete and rocks they would fall off like drops of rain in a downpour. I finally broke a shank off two weeks ago digging up a huge oak tree stump. I think it was weakened from welding the teeth on too many times. I purchased a full set of pin-on style shanks,pins and teeth (4 Of them) for $101.50. I hauled the bucket to a machine shop and they did the shank replacement for $275.00. Not cheap but it was money well spent to finally have teeth that are easy to replace and stay on.