Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucket tooth pin removal tool

Planedriver · 2019-05-29 09:43

I’m posting today for your opinions on tooth pin removal/replacement tools. Many moons ago I fabricated a Frankenstein pin tool that worked reasonably well. As tools go this one disappeared now that I need it again. I thought I would splurge and buy a factory built tool for a few bucks. I’m finding there are several versions out there all with wildly different designs. Some manufactures make different tools for excavators vs backhoe and cat vs case etc! How can something so simple be so complicated? If any of you guys have a preference for a tool that works well for varied applications I would really like to hear about it.

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2019-05-29 10:07

    Well, for starters, what tooth? Esco, Hensley, Cat J, Cat K, Pengo (230)?

  2. #2Planedriver2019-05-29 10:45

    I guess I should have mentioned that... Cat J teeth are on most of my equipment.

  3. #3heymccall2019-05-29 12:17

    For J200 & 250 on my backhoes. Works good, but, I usually just use a bent punch & 3# hammer.