OK so today I saw first hand what a tornado can do. This was a documented EF1, whatever that means.Anyway for over 7 miles oak trees were laid out like something I have never seen before. I will get pictures tomorrow.Anyway houses had trees on the roofs, cars and trucks had trees on top of them.What bothers me is all this work and know one anywhere with a mini excavator to help out. One homeowner had a skid steer but otherwise virtually no other machinery.If a man had a small excavator he could do very well.I am in the central portion of Missouri.
It's been on the news here in Oz, Not good, stay safe folks
EF4 tracked a mile south of the house yesterday. Path of destruction was a mile wide and 30 some odd miles long. It hammered Linwood, KS. I spent most of the day helping opening up roads.
I was outside of Jasper, MO last week helping cleanup. They were in desperate need of equipment in that area. The hardest part down there was the ground wouldn't support my CTL more than a pass or two. There was a really nice neighbor there with a Case 580C but it was about useless beyond clearing roads that were solid. It is amazing, awe inspiring and sickening to see the power of the wind. I'm not too far from Hvy 1 ton, we watched that storm build that evening waiting for a call out for our Disaster Emergency Response Team from work. Stay safe John