I am looking for a bucket with its own thumb attached so I don't have to mount a cylinder on the stick. I've seen the Rockland krypto claw and looking for ones like that for a cat 385c.
No sure if they go that big, but try wain-roy.
Doesn't look like they do. I have only found three places one is in Canada the other two in PA. The krypto is 58k and waiting for a price from the other place. Just wanted to see if I was missing someplace also if anyone has used one before?
What size bucket are you thinking, I ran across one the other day here in Cali, its pinned to fit a smaller machine but looked stout enough to handle a much larger one, and the price was right. It was listed on the Sacramento CL. If you cant find it I still have the guys #.
Tag makes a bucket like you're looking for. Nye makes a bucket mounted thumb, but it still requires a cylinder mounted on the stick. http://www.tagmfg.us/tag06.html http://www.nyemanufacturing.com/products/thumbs_integral.html
I don't have one but if I were to buy one I like these. No exposed cylinders on the back side of the bucket. http://amiattachments.com/brochures/excavator_attachments.pdf
From what you describe, would you simply be needing a 'mechanical thumb' to ADD to an existing bucket..?? Seems the easiest and cheapest _ by far _ I would think OR _ perhaps there is some reason to not mount required bracket on stick.. Just a quick pic for reference, but there are MANY who make them: http://flecoattachments.com/thumbs/
The main reason to not put anything on the stick permanently for us was we have two machines a 390,385 that don't always stay in the same place or same use. We have 7.5 yard buckets we use on them sometimes that are heavy enough loaded we don't want the extra weight. They also only wanted one bucket that could be used on either machine instead of dedicated one. I gave them information of a couple places that make the buckets we wanted but haven't heard anything since. They probably freaked out about the price a bit and figured we don't need it right now. So when we need it in the future it will be a scramble to order one haha.
Ahha _ Gotcha _ and completely understand, ESP about the 'price' issues.. Nothing this Big or GOOD is cheap _ Ever.. Good Luck on the quest, and please keep us in the loop if you get something good!! :drinkup
Will do. One bucket was 58k if I remember correctly. Plus the cost of plumbing both machines so who knows what they are gonna do now.
My 490 D came with a clamshell bucket with an internal hydraulic cylinder to open and close the bucket. Thumb switch on the R joystick operates the hydraulics. I works great but it is the 1st and only one I ever saw.