Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bucyrus erie 300 and 350h excavators

linknlogging ยท 2015-04-29 15:00

Does anybody know where I could get parts for both machines? Or I would sell my two machines for parts. They are both in really good shape and hate to scrap but I need parts. I need a hydraulic drive motor for 300 and need drive sprocket for 350h. Any help would be greatly appreciated. U can email me at [email protected] .

Replies4
  1. #1Tones2015-04-29 17:38

    The drive motor may not be manufactured by Bucyrus, it should have a plate on the outside with serial and model numbers on it. From there it shouldn't be hard to get another motor the same size to fit. It may not be the same make though. Another way is to rebuild the current motors which a good hydraulic shop can do. Are there any numbers on the sprockets or on the track chains. Some pic's would be a great help to us

  2. #2linknlogging2015-04-30 14:06

    Thanks for the reply. Bucyrus subed the motor out to some German manufacture. My local hydro shop told me it would be very expensive to rebuild the one I have and basically good luck finding one that would replace my bad one. The sprocket on the 350H has the center twisted out of it. It is cast and I took it to an awesome welder I know and he said it would be basically impossible to weld cause it has a splined center. I found an undercarriage in PA but I learned that there are 3 different serial number breaks for the 350's and each serial number has a different undercarriage.

  3. #3Tones2015-04-30 16:39

    So by any chance is the German manufacture Rexroth? Can you get some photo's of the hydraulic motors and the sprocket

  4. #4linknlogging2015-04-30 21:08

    I will try n get photos tomorrow. Rexroth doesn't ring a bell but I will look. It's been over a year since I have fooled with.