Our new rig to add to the fleet. This is a 1968 Loadstar 1800 w/345 V8 / Upper is powered by a Ford 240 inline 6 cylinder industrial. In the process of restoring this ol charmer
looking for a seal kit for the hose reel
Can't help you there but I'll be happy to watch your progress if you put it on here.
I like the driver, must have got tired of fire trucks.
Found the seals at a local shop in stock $22.00!
whenever she takes off she usually is at the fire station,kid you not!
Nice looking setup. You're one step ahead having a muffler on the 240. That's on the list when I get back to it some day... What is the 240 doing for intake air filter as it isn't showing? Mine was a hollow shell that I ended up having to replace with a non-oem setup...
Thank you,this was the best Pic I could get.Runs very smooth.
Looks good. Keeps it all under the tin.
Thank you yes sir! New carburetor too, old was abused and beat on with something big. idles down nice
after many tedious hours!
I see you're floating rears I have always found it curious that the manual says you should be leaving the wheels on the ground rather than leveling the whole machine. I have nothing but slopes on my property. Way more than I'd want to run a rotating machine on without some effort to level it. I expect I'll use the outriggers to lift, and then block under the wheels, and let it down, unless I'm just doing a pick, without any rotation.
Thanks,just figured I'd put it in the air looking like a wildcat so I could paint all the outriggers . Any experience I had working with cranes though has been that charts mostly read that tires must be off the ground and machine level.Some operators such as myself would keep the outrigger's stroke as short as possible but that's just preferred to me is all. Smooth little crane,fun to run and I can see where back in the day this thing was pretty cool little city rig.However,seemed technology was fast catching up and hydraulic winches must been getting more efficient. What I like is nothing drifts or moves when you let go of everything and yet once used to using the speed pedals really adds a whole different perspective.
That red stuff is a rust converter, seems to work well with a little wire brushing.Wheels were blasted
Both upper and lower runs flawlessly, no leaks,like new tires,heck make an offer and I might get another project!
Nice that everything is tight for you. I have quite a bit of creep in just about every function. I imagine the outriggers just need new seals. The boom functions, and "hoist" are probably slipping by at the valves. I suppose it might clear up a little with use as seals get softened a bit, but if the spools are worn then I'm just stuck with the creep. I would imagine replacing the valves with new would cost more than another whole H3...
actually all the seals were replaced in valve spool assembly, very inexpensive