Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Grove S4000D

MarcusZ1967 · 2024-07-02 19:44

Whelp..... Picked this new project up. Much reconditioning to do. Single cylinder diesel? Injector...

Replies12
  1. #1MarcusZ19672024-07-02 20:46

    Numbers on the injector.

  2. #2MarcusZ19672024-07-02 20:50

    Very rough but a Lil cutie!! Anyone know anything about this engine?

  3. #3Tyler d4c2024-07-02 21:18

    I'm getting married in Aug that would make a wonderful wedding gift. I'm jealous it's cooler then my little crane

  4. #4MarcusZ19672024-07-02 21:50

    No outriggers, only pivot by rear wheel n driving.... Yep, it's cuter than that new fangled thing ya got....

  5. #5MarcusZ19672024-07-02 21:56

    Good thing this had the multitude of masterlink chains .... Cool Lil disk brake...

  6. #6Tyler d4c2024-07-02 22:11

    It definitely looks like a old grove. Like a bunch of central pa farmers built it oh wait they did!

  7. #7Tyler d4c2024-07-02 22:12

    Any idea what model it is

  8. #8MarcusZ19672024-07-02 22:15

    Only tag on it has serial and model of S4000D. I haven't found any tags on that single cylinder engine either. It is diesel tho...

  9. #9Tyler d4c2024-07-02 22:16

    FreeCraneSpecs.com https://freecranespecs.com › ...PDF Grove-S4000(1).pdf

  10. #10Tyler d4c2024-07-02 22:17

    I wander if it's been swapped. This is on the bucket list Along with a komatsu d10 loader and cat 901 loader (I need to go to Japan and find them once I'm rich and famous)

  11. #11MarcusZ19672024-07-02 22:20

    Good info there... Not sure... I'll know more on deeper dive into it.... Ya need to get a bored boss.... j/k

  12. #12MarcusZ19672024-07-03 11:42

    For those looking for this info.