Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buffalo cleanup??

kanewolf ยท 2014-11-22 22:08

Anybody on here involved with the snow removal in Buffalo (really the suburbs)?

Replies14
  1. #1stumpjumper832014-11-22 22:24

    i'm about 2 hrs south of the affected area & across a state line, and haven't heard anything about anyone going up there from pa. The real cleanup might come when the 8' so snow start melting early this week and overloads roofs.

  2. #2Canadian_digger2014-11-23 08:18

    One of our large local construction company's are sending down some equipment to help clean up.

  3. #3rsherril2014-11-23 08:53

    I purchased 200 gal of diesel last week and the driver told me that his pickup price jumped 20 cents/gal overnight Thursday. I was lucky as I placed my order at $3.21 two days before,(red dye). I think that the cold and maybe demands of snow removal have pushed the prices up.

  4. #4fixou8122014-11-23 10:44

    It's fifty degrees in Buffalo today and it's going to be sixty degrees tomorrow!

  5. #5kanewolf2014-11-23 10:55

    StumpJumper83, you can tell from my handle that I grew up right there with you. Yesterday I read the travel bans and it said 219 was open but there were no open exits! I saw a great picture of National Guard doing something that only they can do... Provide fuel and lube to the front end loaders all over the county.

  6. #6kokosing2014-11-23 20:18

    not involved in the cleanup but a resident of one of the suburbs that got hammered with over 7 feet of snow. it is incredible seeing all of the different names of companies in the area who came here to help, cannot thank these guys enough! i try to catch the names on the equipment and google them after when i get a chance, i think the farthest i personally saw was a town downstate, wallkill i believe.

  7. #7nedly052014-11-24 05:14

    12 dumps and 2 lowboys with loaders along with 2 pickups and a service truck went from Essex County. 10 of the trucks were from towns across the county, county DPW took 2 tri axles,the loaders and lowboys and the pickups. They were on the road almost 8 hrs! I think they come home today.

  8. #8bigshow2014-11-27 19:29

    I was there with Cold Spring, I got a brand new 966M to plow with. Loaded trucks for 52 hours with a 6 hr. break in the middle.

  9. #9bigshow2014-11-27 19:31

    I put some pics up on the Historical Construction Equipment Association page on Facebook.

  10. #10Canadian_digger2014-11-27 20:02

    Post your pics here!

  11. #11bigshow2014-11-27 20:30

    I quit posting pics here some time ago, I'm too lazy to resize them. If I can't throw them up on Facebook in a few seconds, I won't waste my time.

  12. #12fixou8122014-11-28 13:25

    I saw alot of collapsed roofs from the weight of the snow One was a really nice one story brick home. They heard the roof creaking all night. It really wasnt that cold out. First thing I thought of was to hook up a garden hose to the hot water tank and hose her down.

  13. #13wnydirtguy2014-12-09 21:59

    We had everything that could push or haul snow out. We even got calls for our dozers to plow the roads. They got sent out. I was on a job in Rochester so I didn't get to going the fun.

  14. #14StumpyWally2014-12-11 10:44

    PM me your email address & I'll send you a quick & easy Image Resizer that you can install...so you can continue to post pics on this forum for us all to enjoy (as we have in the past), rather than WE ALL waste our time on Facebook. I refuse to use Facebook...I see no need.