Hi forum, I recently pulled the head off my Midland air compressor for an inspection for oil in the air system. The compressor bores are as new with no apparent wear shown around the top of the cylinder bores but with a slight residue of oil on the face of the head around the valves. The compressor is a Midland KN13060. The pistons are firm in the bores and I do not want to remove the cylinder as yet. I am sourcing parts for it at the moment and the question was asked if the pistons are oversize, would this be stamped on the top of the pistons if they were. Do any readers have any spec sheets available for this compressor.
Isn't there detailed information in your loader manual for the compressor ? I need parts for a Bendix Tru-Flo 300 compressor and I will be going to a truck repair shop nearby. The parts man there is a source for all kinds of info. for compressors.
I used to accumulate tons of parts and service manuals for compressors and the like and I looked and there is nada for a service manual for the 1300. Not saying it doesn't exist but I never had one. I think you are just going to have to wing it if you decide to rebuild, etc. Mostly people just install reman units. Is the inlet air restricted? Can you turbocharge the inlet air? I think these will fit, never tried one: http://www.bendix.com/media/documents/BW1114QuickReferenceCatalog.pdf#14
Do any readers know where I can source std ring sets for this compressor or std piston and ring sets
You may have better luck with a rebuilt. The unloader pistons in yours could be where the oil is coming from. http://www.vanderhaags.com/Search-R...eywordsearchbutton.y=13&keywordsearch=KN13060 I have had no luck finding parts for my compressor.
I think this might work: http://www.haldex.com/en/North-America/Applications-Products/Brake--Suspension-Systems/Product-Catalog/Compressors/Accessories/Piston-and-Ring-Kits/ Scroll down near the bottom and they list the 1300. I think what may be giving some a problem finding Midland compressor info is they are now part of Haldex. I'd go to that page and look for "Tech Support" and send an email from the bottom of the page. Sometime a company will surprise you and respond with the info you need! I've got breakdowns for parts and service on things like oil pumps just a while back and a list of distributors in our area, not from Midland/Haldex but give them a try!
Tinkerer, what are the unloader pistons. I have the head off the compressor at the moment. I have a governor on the side of the head in which the wet tank or primary tank lines join to and the bores with the piston and rings. I have not removed the cylinder head as yet.
Thanks for the info kshansen, I have looked at the site and it might be a good thing. I will send off an email to them. I have managed to source one std piston and ring set and a gasket/ seal kit so far from another company. Why do they call it a EL1300 when its a KN number?, might have something to do with Haldex taking over.
EL1300 is the main model number. 1300 is something to do with how big it is or how much air it pumps. The KN number is the specific part number which tells you what kind of mounting it has, oil feed, etc.