Hello! Hope you doing good! My name is Lucas and I'm a webdesigner from Brazil. I'm here in Heavy Equipment Forums because I'm doing a website for Tractorbel, a brazilian company, and I'm not familiar with the business. I would like to hear more from you, suggestions, ideas or whathever come to your mind What do you think a good website of the business should have? What you usually seek in a website of heavy equipments? There's something that really annoy you or on the contrary, surprises you on such website? Tractorbel's main fields of operation: Sale of New and Used Heavy Equipment Rental Pieces and Components Services (Mechanics, mainly) I really appreciate anything you can tell me, I like to have a good understading of my client's business before designing and programming the website, I seek results, a useful, secure, beatiful and light website. I would like to take this opportunity to leave here my contact for web development, too: http://www.lucasfreelancer.com.br/en/ I live in Brazil, but I speak english fluently, if you would like you can add me on skype as well: bustamante.lucas Thanks a lot guys! :usa:usa (I really admire U.S by the way)
Welcome to the Forums Luc45. First of all let's get this out of the way. Take a moment to read the Forum Rules, specifically this one - Forum rules page - HeavyEquipmentForums This post is your freebie as far as soliciting your web design services. This thread is your freebie to answer questions about your web design business as well, however this thread only. Now with the formalities out of the way, here's what I like to see in an equipment dealers website. The most important to me if they are selling used equipment, is to have a site that is current, meaning what they have for sale now is listed on the site. I like to see many pictures of the individual piece of equipment and a price. If I am looking online at a piece of equipment or a truck and it says "Call for price" I hardly ever will. Listing the price shows me upfront whether or not it's worth my time to look further into it. Make it easy to contact through email and make sure those emails are answered in a timely manner. The rental page should be clear and concise and list specifically what they have available to rent. If it says we rent wheel loaders, backhoes, etc. without any further description then I don't know what I would really be getting. The brand of the rental equipment is important, I do not want to pay market rate for an off-brand machine. Rental rates should be posted on the site as well. When it comes to the service end, I want to know exactly what they can do. I don't like "we service all makes and models". It should list specifically what services they perform. Engine rebuilds, undercarriage, hydraulic shop, etc. I understand there are business reasons why someone would not want to put for sale prices and rental rates online, this is just what I want to see as a potential customer - my $.02.
I totally agree with having current inventory and up to date pricing. Also, I hate the general email links like [email protected] or [email protected] . I always feel like they are going to a computer in the corner that nobody logs into.
Ola Lucas, tudo bem? Bem vindo nas foruns dos equipamentos pesados! From what I see, the site is already very well put together, but the "Serviços" page is a little broad, and is not specific about what exactly Tractorbel is capable of repairing, both in terms of components and OEM (Marças), as already stated by CM1995. "Peças", whilst specific about whether ground engaging (FPS) or Component (CRBT), could also have more detail about the brands offered and serviced by Tractorbel. On the Maquinas Seminovos, please provide a price, as stated by CM1995, buyers lose interest if it's not stated, despite the obvious good condition of the equipment offered. A general comment that I do have is that Brazilian websites (for the most part) follow a similar design in providing company information and history, contact details, vacancies, and so on, which I rather like; it shows the companies to be very open and welcoming, as well as being very proud of their company. Até logo!
Hello guys, I can't thank enough for your most valuable feedbacks, those suggestions gave me a clear direction of where to head, and what to prioritize. I'll write a report to the client and link this post! @CM1995 Sorry for the inapropriate advertising, and thanks for not deleting the topic!
No harm done and your within your privileges here on HEF. It's my job to point out the rules. Good luck!