Hello, Building a quick attach snow plow out of a 7.5' Meyers setup, any does/ don't , pics ?? Thanks...
Consider installing a cross-over relief valve and flow restrictor valves in the hydraulic plumbing as I did here: http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6849/bobcatplow4.jpg
Thanks, any pics of your setup would be great.....
I seem to be unable to post pictures here directly for some reason. Perhaps because I'm new here and don't have the proper permissions. However, you can visit one of my webpages below for pictures and a write-up of my method for attaching a Fisher truck plow to my Bobcat. Be sure to scroll down for the recent (2011) modifications I made to the original 2010 arrangement. http://personalpages.tds.net/~thompson_wp/bobcat/bobcatplow.htm
Excellent pics and description. Thanks......
I built a couple of them 6-8 years ago out of Fishers. I wanted to have down pressure as well as normal floating. I used a square 2" tube sliding thru a bigger 2 1/2" tube mounted to the quick attach plate, (both parts needs to be able to rotate slightly) then welded some stops on the sliding tube that alowed for about 6-8 in. of slide. I used 1/4" wall mat. and ripped up the first one, It's easy to get carried away with down pres. and break stuff. Thinking back, I used 3/4" rod thru a pipe for the pivot point and that is what failed and had to make it heavier. To float you just rolled the "dump" to a position in the middle of it's travel, and for down pressure, roll "dump" to contact the lower stop. Kinda the same thinking as a floating top link on a 3pt hitch attachment. The crossover is a good protection idea. My store bought Snow wolf does not have one, why I'm not sure.