Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

how about case alpha series ssl?

kuangqy ยท 2011-10-26 18:55

How about csae alpha series ssl? It is beautiful, I like it very much. Is there any suggest?

Replies7
  1. #1kuangqy2011-10-28 18:39

    How ahout case ssl Is there anyone have case new skid steer ? Is it not good enough or something ?

  2. #2KSSS2011-10-28 21:04

    I ordered one but it wont be here until the end of November.

  3. #3dave esterns2011-10-31 23:56

    this is your average skid steer. average these days is pretty good.

  4. #4kuangqy2011-11-24 17:32

    KSSS,have you got the new alpha series SSL? Is beeter than 400 series 3 or not? how about the DDC control? Can you introduce the differents between the two series? thx.

  5. #5KSSS2011-11-24 18:12

    Its is still sitting in Witchita. They put a hurry on it on Friday (whatever that means, I think any sold unit should be expedited through the build process). As soon as it gets here assuming Winter does not get here first, I will pass on what my initial thoughts are. I got a couple good dirt projects to finish which would be prefect for this machine, looks like however they will be finished with my 400 series.

  6. #6dave esterns2011-11-24 18:29

    it might be interesting to note that the boom arm is significantly higher than the top of the bucket throughout most of the lift path when compared to you old case vertical lift; could be problematic in low roof situations, also you have to watch your rear boom clearance as well. also interesting, your alpha case will be about a foot longer than your series 3 machine. also interesting, a fully loaded sv250 is going for around 40k, seems to be quite a bit cheaper than the series 3 machines.

  7. #7KSSS2011-11-24 21:29

    A lot of the components are carried over from machine to machine resulting in lower costs. The 400 series aside from a build design that used copious amounts of steel because it was cheap at the time of design, the Alpha is more reflective of build costs. This means (at least in theory it was built smarter). The 400 series required a lot of 'one of" parts. That is no longer the case. The other reason for the cost reductions are the CASE and NH are much the same. Therefore the costs to build are spread over more machines. As far as the operating considerations you mentioned there will be others, like adjusting to the E/H controls. I am somewhat concerned as I have a 465 still that is not E/H, I can forsee some operator issues jumping between the two machines. I was really hoping the machine would get here so I could run it hard and see what it can and cant do. I am concerned it will get here just in time to take up space in my shop.