Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buildng a grubber

twr ยท 2014-09-24 22:28

building grubber for John Deere 544G wheel loader, seen several with straight edge, v in or v out on the cutting edge. Just what works best Using a wheel loader to not tear up grass so bad it's all native in my area, hard to get grass back if disturbed

Replies7
  1. #1twr2014-09-29 11:43
  2. #2twr2014-09-29 11:48

    New at posting pics but this is what we came up with.We have built them for dozers and excavators but not loaders.

  3. #3Stump Knocker2014-09-29 12:05

    http://www.pembertonattachments.com/prod/ldrrak.html This is the type of root rake used mostly in Florida. STUMP KNOCKER

  4. #4f.sava2014-12-08 14:50

    Nice work. Is that blade mild steel? Hard facing? Have you had any issues with wear?

  5. #5twr2014-12-08 22:54

    No the up rites are 1 1/4 T-1 the edge is 1 3/4 AR grubbing black locust and bois d'arc I'm getting most all of the root system.

  6. #6JDOFMEMI2014-12-08 22:59

    twr Nice looking grubber. It looks like you built it plenty stout. I would recommend cutting a V notch in the front of it in order to trap the root and get a better bite on it. I have a smaller version for my skid steer and that seems to work for me. Looks like you can pry out a pretty good sized bush with that one.

  7. #7twr2014-12-09 08:42

    I have done that on excavators,and some dozers I figured I could go back and cut it if needed we are dealing with large trees to scrub brush a lot of time you can just scrape out the little stuff with a strait edge. Thanks TWR