Ok, I promised a couple of guy pics so here they are. I ran into a couple machines I didn't expect to find like an older than dirt Le Tourneau loader that I still dont recognize, and an old 755L Komatsu track loader. But here they are. If someone wants more pics just ask. I might be able to get more when its a little warmer.
1st three are the LeTourneau loader with my Jeep, and number 4 is a Kopy Kat Cat Dozer I found at the Daewoo dealer.
First 2 are of the Jeep, and last 3 are a brand new D11R, D10T and D9T at Finning in Edmonton.
Here we have a brand new 16M, a 24M further back in the yard, a rental 365, twin D10's awaiting rebuild and a 657E Buggy
Here we have a Sureway 973C from last year that just got it's final drives done, one of our newer graders beside the 973 and a couple 740 Ejectors all at Finning. A new 850D Deere at Brandt Tractor, and a D10 and D11N belonging to Prairie Road Builders yard.
Great photos, thanks for sharing them. Any more buggy photos would be appreciated. Graham
Thanks for sharing the photos, gotta love the big stuff.
Good pics. Your supposed to brush the snow off though.
-9 only, dad jsut dropped of 8 793 tires in fort mac -48 before the wind chill
Our Finning out here ain't got nothing that big!
Thanks a lot Burnout! Great photos. - Chris
That was -9 farenheit... not celcius. It was -23 celcius and with the windchill it was -43c. I have a bunch more pictures I'll get around to posting them this morning. The girlfriend was on me last night to spend more time together, and I better go along with her since she can do better.
ok for you gd10r... more buggy photo's. I found a nice little lineup of 657's sitting on the side of the road kinda. Ended up plowin through a couple big snow drifts to get to em... but it was fun. Also some Liebherr wheeled excavator that is pretty different from the Deere 595D's I'm used to seeing. That was at the dealership which only has 2 machines in stock. Also some 345C L sitting out in the middle of nowhere but I got er anyways.
Ok... last of the buggy's, a new Case artriculate, an old Steiger, an overall pic and the D10N that I operated for a little while last season.
The D10N again, some pics at our yard 2 385's and a 973C along the fence, the 385's, and the new D8T they bought at the end of the season. And a 330C L with 12000hrs on it, a broken door, new side panel and a messed up cd player
And the Hitachi 1100EX... just sitting in a field about a mile from our shop where the D10 was and a few lonely 740 Ejector ADT's.
Ok... not really winter tour photo's but I have em kickin around in the gallery anyways. The Komatsu 1250.. amazing machine to run. and some 740's and my old 973 comin off the float after a quick move.
A couple of one of our 9N's, the 375L, and the rental 963C and JCB 3CX I have been running.
Are you done already? Gret pics Burnout:drinkup But keep it coming if you got more. Good to see that its not only us in Norway who are freezing in the winter
I don't think I will ever get over the sheer size of those development projects you are working on, nothing compares to where I have to work.
No shortage of pics on my part. I have tons more. If I had a way to get them off my old computer I would have about 5000 more pictures of different stuff.
Ok.. how about a cute little Deere 605C track loader I found the other day on our jobsite. And the competitions fleet of equipment down the road from us.
More of IGL Canada's equipment and a 988B I found at Ritchie Brothers.
The same 988 again, a D9G, the Link Belt 210LX I had for awhile and the 375L, and a 657E Buggy.
Our Deere 270C LC, a Komatsu PC200 long front we tried out for sanding since a 330 couldn't reach. And another 973, and the last 2 are the D10N with my beautiful Cherokee affectionately known as the Green Pearl.
The D10R they bought at Ritchie Brothers last spring. Got it for an incredible steal, good enough that the owner of the company bought both of them. He was originally going for a D8R they had sitting there, bought the 8, both the D10's and a D85PX Komatsu. That D10 actually puked the engine comin off the float right there. She sat there for a month and then spent 2 months at the shop getting an overhaul. And the Link Belt again, and the D10 and 973 backfilling in a sanitary sewer trunk main. The ditch is over half backfilled at this point.
OK more backfilling with the 973 and the D10, and the Komatsu 1250 walking across our site and over to a pond.
lets see some more of the smaller stuff too
Damn that is a lot of Big Iron
Great pics and nice Rubicon too!
I vote Burnout as the official HEF pic slut!!
Yeah the Rubicon makes jobsites more fun if you know what I mean. What pics of smaller equipment would you like. And Bobcat Ron... as for bein the official pic slut......I think thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.:drinkup
skid steers, excavators smaller than 200s stuf fliek that
Nice pics ! Do you have any of your floats ?
Spread the pics out a little !!!!!! for some reason my poor old junk dial up is just showing little square box with red X in them:Banghead.You must be overloading it Thanks for sharing :usa
At first I thought this Sureway was a big Cat contractor, but I see a little bit of everything in there fleet. Nice Pics!
very ncie pictures and equipment!!
Awesome pics very nice
Sureway is big on Cat equipment. The only reason they have strayed in the last year or two is Cat not building it fast enough. They have heard horror stories on the 5000 series excavators so they bought the Hitachi and the Komatsu. The smaller Komatsu hoes were bought because of supply problems at Finning so they got 3 PC400's this year, the 750's and 800's are from auctions. The Link Belt 210, Case 240 and Deere 270/750's/800's were all bought at Ritchie Brothers with low hours. Out of the 80 excavators most of them are Cat... maybe 15 odd branded machines. They did buy some Komatsu WA-450's this year because Coneco came in with a price that was apparently 70 000 per unit cheaper than a 966 so they jumped on 4 of them and had problems all summer. As for small equipment... we don't have a lot of it. Anything smaller than 330 usually has a hoe pack hangin on it 90% of the time. They figure if a 320 or a 325 can fit in a jobsite... and 385 will do just as good. I am told as of May this year there will be 16 385's, there are 3 375's and 20+ 245's although only 7 or 8 are actually in service. I get a great kick out of our jobsites. One of the other big contractors in town was workin on the same jobsite we were. Their mainline machine was a 345BL with a short boom and short stick almost looked like an ME model. They were digging water/sewer services at the same time we were. Their setup was as follows. Main Excavator-345BL 2nd Excavator- 320BL with 60" bucket Backhoe- 310D with hoe pack Loader- Komatsu WA320 Track Loader- Cat 953B Dozer- D85PX Our outfit Main Excavator- 385CL 2nd Excavator- 375L 3rd Excavator- Deere 270C LC 4th Excavator- Cat 245 Backhoe- Deere 710G Track Loader- 2 973C's Dozer- D10N, D9N Loader- Cat 966C In a day they serviced 8 lots normally. That same day our main hoe dug 52 services, layed about 46 of them with 4 pipelayers and the 375 and 270 each sanding 2 services at a time, and us in the 973's workin our behinds off just to look half competent. This summer the other company did 260 lots in our subdivision, we did just a hair over 800 lots. Although to be fair at one time we had 4 385's and 2 375's on site at once. We had over 100pcs of equipment on site between the underground division and earthworks division.
Big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big.
great pics
Great Pics Burnout..........but the pic slut award is actually already owned by Roll Over Pete, although you could definetly be the Canadian pic slut of HEF...........this is for sure............:canada:canada
Wait... what about pullpan as the HEF pic slut. Ok lets have a compitition!
That is a great idea..........a seperate thread with a competition for HEF pic slut once and for all!!!
How would we go about this pic slut competition? Pics only taken ourselves? How about pic slut divisions.... east division, west division, canadian division. I should have plenty more pics after Con Expo 08:drinkup And I don't know if I could compete with 9420pullpan. He is the madam of all pic sluts in my books. Some beautiful pics on his part. I am but a simple worker bee in the cathouse we call HEF. And by cat house.... I mean a place of where Caterpillar pictures run in abundance.
I like that Deere 605 loader. It is replacing the cat 943 which is perfect in many smaller jobs. I want to demo one in the future. Too bad it is a Leighber painted in Deere colors. I wish Cat would build a 943 again instead of that small dozer look alike loader which is no good since the engine is out front.
hey burnout do u have any pics of transport. in ca i can move most of the big iron in one piece.what kind of trucks/trailers do they use up north .great pics
For the big stuff Sureway uses Aspen 6 axle trailers with 6 groups of duals for each axle. At least thats how the trailers are setup for the 385's, D10, Komatsu 475, they take off the outer sets of duals when they move the 657E's and G buggies. Were firing up in the next couple weeks ehre so stay tuned, I will have more pics as iron starts flying around again. I tried out a 943 once and didn't really care for it. I found it too small, it's not much smaller than a 953 which has more power and speed. I have onlyt ried the Deere 605 for a few minutes.... but I loved it.
Ok... pictures from this week at work. Most are small stuff since people seem to like those. Our broken rental 963C, started it up after sitting for a week at -35c and it blew a main line off the top of the transmission. Second is our huddle of machines so they can all get a spot near the generator. 3rd is my backhoe bein taken away because it has no brakes... and its a JCB. 4th and 5th are a basement contractor floating in their 230 Hitachi.
Ok next up.. the weeping tile guys. I have heard of these trucks but never seen one in action. Has a conveyor and puts the clear stone around the foundation. And then the JCB coming back, I thought I could be rid of it for longer but nooooo finally the mechanic decides to fix something on time.
And yesterday work got cancelled... So me and a couple of the hoe operators went to the topsoil pile, loaded trucks, ripped ground to clean up the edge of the pile.... and they got me the new track loader at the end of the day. And lastly, my Creep sitting with some of Sureways equipment parked for the winter.
nice sticker, hahaha
More at the dirt pile.... they actually let me run the 200 for the day... and it survived.
I had to put on my jacket, gloves and beenie after lookin at your pics How you guys survive in the cold/snow/ice, I'll never know. Guess thats why I live in a So Cal desert :cool2
I don't survive the cold... I make my girlfriend go outside in the morning and start my jeep... ha ha yeah right. I spend very little time outside nowadays.
That Beenie you are wearing is called a toque (tuk)in Canada and you are wearing it because the weather in So. Cal has been really cold as of late, I know this because I saw all the vendors wearing them a few weeks back here in San felipe!...........warmer now though, like it should be.
The 605 is more Deere than it is Liehberr. The entire undercarriage is from a 650J as well as the entire powertrain (engine, pumps, motors etc). It is built by Liehberr, but mostly designed by Deere.
Now if only they had put a John Deere cab in the 605... I like em but that cab is UGLY. I'd take a Cat track loader over a deere anyday on the cabs alone.
I will say that the doors are a little small on the Deere but as far as looks are concerned I would hope that looks on the cab would sell you on a Cat. I would hope it was more than that. The one good thing on the Deere is it is good for smokers. They actually have windows that open on their cabs. Even the new Cat D models don't have open able windows on their cabs yet.:Banghead
I agree with you on the C-series and C-series II. Not that nice at all....but there has been a progression in cab comfort and the D-series has taken a huge leap from the the typical Liebherr cab!! Below is the progression from C-series, C-series II to D-series.
That D Series cab looks MUCH better than the originals! And its nice to see someone finally put the thought into a track loader to actually give it a cup holder. I will also second the comment about windows, I wish my 953/973 had opening windows. It would take me more to sell me on a Cat vs. Deere as far as track loaders, but I spend on average 10-14hrs a day in my track loader, if I have to sit in there I'm gonna be comfortable! I don't mind the doors on the Deere that much, the doors on the old A and B series cat's were a pain though... and for someone tall like me (6'4") getting out of the older track loaders isn't great. And today on my 953 I racked my shoulder on the rearview mirror. What I can't figure out though with the Cat C series track loaders is the cab size. I have a fairly big lunchpale for all my crap, it wont fit behind the seat up against the back window in my 953 or the 973, but in a rental 963 we had it was perfect. I do love the loader control in the Deere's though. The Cat's all have those little short plastic joysticks that give my hand cramps. You cant grasp the joystick fully or you end up with your wrist bent all day long trying to work. If you grab just the top it just isn't comfortable. One operator showed me if you turn the joystick 90 degrees so it points in towards you then you can just use 2 fingers to work all day and it is amazing! I learned a lot last year putting 1400+hrs on a 73 in 4 months, turn your joystick, sit really high in the cab, and get those beads for the seat back. Your back can slide around in there, and it doesnt stick to the seat when its hot.
More pictures of our esteemed dirt pile. We had a JCB JS180 breaking frost for me with a ripper but he wasn't getting enough done. So we rented a Komatsu D155 AX Dozer with a triple shank variable pitch ripper. And I got some pics of our trucks and my new favourite truck... a 1980 GMC General, and a picture or two of the loader.
And here are the pics of the General. This is the first truck I have seen in ages where the stars are still actually stuck on the side of the hood.
Some topsoil..... I love the smell of fresh topsoil.
Nice pics burnout! Does that General have the common screaming jimmy powering it?
Great pics. How you likin' the 953?
No sadly.... the General was repowered with a Big Cam Cummins. I got some new trucks today... 2 old L9000's and a built up Western Star. That puts me up to loading 16 dump trucks all making 45 minute round trips between the load site and dump site. I have been doing 2 minutes per truck for 4 good big buckets. The Excavator has 4 big 30 ton "end dumps" and 2 tandems with pups. We took a load count today, I did 247 loads today... the 200 Deere managed to squeeze out 44 loads in the same amount of time. As for the 953, I am still not sold on this machine. I learned on a 973 last year with a brand new drivetrain from engine to drive motors, so I got used to 300hp at the tracks. This little 953 doesn't turn under load real great and it really sucks having to go up on the pile, push a load of soft dirt down and then load it into the trucks. But what do I know I'm just a punk kid as the owner said. They had a grey market 963 with a 4 cylidner and didnt like it. They bought this 53 because it has to wiggle between water services when they backfill the hydro trench they dig. They told me a 63 is too big to fit between water services... yet at Sureway I backfill those same water services with a 973 and my partner uses a D9N to work between them. As I'm sure you can tell, I'm not really a fan of the 953, they rented a C series 63 and I liked it. Had some grunt to it, was nimble like a smaller one, and felt comfortable.
Burnout I should of known that by the pics as most 8V detroits had the dual exhaust, that produced the mean sound of those engines
nice pic in the cab shot, she looks NICE:naughty. oh yea the other pics are good to
Ha ha... thats the girlfriend. The guys around site like climbin in the loader every once in awhile to see the picture I have in there. The other day she had to borrow my Jeep and the foreman caught us playin momentary tonsil hockey while I was waiting for another dump truck.
Oops Busted........
It happens... funny thing is in the afternoon when we had our operators meeting he looked at me and said I did good work on getting a woman of such quality. My operating on the other hand is just kinda "meh"... :falldownlaugh
Well at least he had a since of humor.
Ahh it was only a little peck on the cheek anyways.... They have to make nice with her anyways, she is a Compaction Tester and she will be overseeing backfill on some of their sites in the spring. So make nice now and she might not be so hard on them come may. Luckily she isn't going to be on any of my sites..... so I can go back to sending the tester for coffee when I'm planning to do something shady.